Rant about Marshall Website

votes

I've been playing Marshall amps for years now and I've bought new and used, traded for them, traded them away for other stuff, and Marshall USED TO SUPPORT us out here in the REAL WORLD that keep their amps going and keep playing them by making the owners manuals available on the website and making the website easy to navigate but now it is a complete disgrace!!!!!  How F***ing hard is it to keep the owners manuals linked to an easy to locate section UNDER what USED TO BE CALLED "SUPPORT"!!!  It is not very hard at all.  The only manuals I can navigate to are the CODE amps.  You should be proud to support your vintage amps and keep the manuals fully available online for your time honored and time tested LOYAL CUSTOMERS who continue to use Vintage or Older Model Marshall Amps.  Your Website sucks now and is extremely limited.  I realize you want to keep your current products out there and is no way you can continue to host all of your product specs and info on so many models over the years, but YOU COULD continue to maintain the ONE page in a SUPPORT section that details where to download your DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS and simply throw all of those PDF files into a folder and link it to your SUPPORT page so we can continue to download the manuals easily ourselves without any assistance from you guys.  It doesn't take up that much disk space and is not very hard at all to encode that back into your page.  I am SURE that I am not the only one here that is completely frustrated that Marshall Customer Support appears to have gone to hell and you don't seem to care about your customers any longer or you want to SELL us a manual to get more money out of us.  This is CRAP!  You need to FIX THIS and I guarantee you that Millions of Marshall USERS will thank you!  Let's get back to putting the Customer FIRST folks!  

asked 02 Oct 2018 at 01:54 AM

Dale ELLERBE
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Dale,

Sorry to hear about your frustration, but please be assured our customers are always in the forefront of our minds.

We are currently in the process of adding an archive section on our website where you will be able to obtain older manuals, in the meantime please e-mail us directly at servicedesk@marshall.com with the model number of the manual you require and if we have it avaliable we will be able e-mail you the PDF manual. 

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 02 Oct 2018 at 08:29 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Ok thank you for your response. I generally don't rant like that, but I do feel that Marshall Support has eroded over the years. I did manage to find the manual I was looking for on another site after an exhaustive search, but I DO hope that Marshall will expedite getting the site updated to include the archives for discontinued vintage products. This information is extremely important to Marshall Customers like me. I am pleased that Marshall DID make a timely response to my comments and I DO appreciate that. I hope you'll also make the website a lot more easy to navigate and how about put some audio with those videos you're showing. Thank you very much. - Dale ELLERBE 02 Oct 2018 at 03:46 PM
Loading - please wait...