Midi not available

votes

So, for the first time, I wanted to download a preset or “patch” off of the my.marshall site from another fellow Marshall lover. I clicked on the preset link from YOUTUBE, which took me to the Marshall user on MY MARSHALL. I utilized my iPhone so the default browser is SAFARI of course. I read that My.Marshall does not work with SAFARI so I downloaded CHROME to my iPhone which is version 71.0. When I went back to My. Marshall to save the preset to my Library I STILL got the MIDI IS NOT AVAILABLE notice on the bottom of my screen.  I powered down my phone to restart thinking maybe I had to allow the Newly downloaded CHROME to “re-set” but still same thing MIDI IS NOT AVAILABLE.  PLEASE ADVISE as this is SO FRUSTRATING!!!!! Thank you in advance....

asked 18 Dec 2018 at 03:36 PM

dwaine brosemer (1)
Answers: 2

vote

Hi Dwaine,

To download from My Marshall you will need a USB into a Desktop computer or use the Marshall Gateway App to get the settings on to your Code unit.

Please use the link to help,

https://my.marshall.com/support/tutorials

Marshall Support

answered 18 Dec 2018 at 04:38 PM

I have GATEWAY on my iPhone....So then are you saying that I cannot download the preset I want to MY LIBRARY via Gateway on my iPhone then when I utilize my iPhone with my Code 50 via Bluetooth and sync it it won’t save to my amp in place of a factory preset that I did not want? - dwaine brosemer 18 Dec 2018 at 05:33 PM
I have the same question. Can I download presets from my iPhone? - jason coleman 18 Dec 2018 at 08:00 PM
Hey Jason,
Man it’s hard to get a clear answer from Marshall and what they tell you is to refer to their website which itself doesn’t tell you much. Supposedly Gateway works on iPhone but it’s not allowing me to save this guy’s preset that I want in order to utilize my own pedal board but I can’t save that preset to my library via my iPhone. Frustrating
- dwaine brosemer 18 Dec 2018 at 09:40 PM
I know man the whole thing is confusing I can’t get a straight answer anywhere I’m starting to regret buying the code half stack - jason coleman 19 Dec 2018 at 01:19 AM
I can’t even find a usb to fit my Marshall. It’s a very confusing amp to work I really wished I’d went a different route - jason coleman 19 Dec 2018 at 01:22 AM
I hear you brother I have the 50 and had I known you cannot use the amp as just a plain amp to use pedals with I wouldn’t have bought it. There’s a guy on you tube that has like a whole pedal board on his 50 and he created a plain preset so that the amp is just itself and that’s what I wanted to download but CANT! Mine’s for sale on offer up NO MORE modeling type amps man. I thought this Code series was gonna be cool and it is BUT it is WAY WAY TOO RESTRICTIVE. I have the foot controller right. Dude if you want to turn on an effect like mid song...by the time you hit the switches to do so.....songs over. It was just not a thought out purchase so it’s my fault. If the Code series had a channel or patch where the amp was just a plain ol’ amp, yeah that would be cool. Good luck man! - dwaine brosemer 19 Dec 2018 at 01:49 AM
It’s Bluetooth but I still need a usb cord???? Yea I’ll go orange next time! Thanx for giving me your info on it because Marshall won’t help or tell me anything now that I have their amp lol good luck to you too - jason coleman 19 Dec 2018 at 02:02 AM
Yes, it IS possible to use CODE as a "plain" amp. Just turn off PRE-FX, MOD, DEL, POWER and CAB, then edit AMP section and set preamp to "Natural". That can be done in 30 sec. without any Bluetooth or USB connection... - Jacek Klimkiewicz 19 Dec 2018 at 12:28 PM
Hey Jack, I’ll give it a shot. Why doesn’t Marshall tell people this. I’ve asked them on this forum and they say it cannot be done! WTH does that mean, it can’t be done. People do it. There’s a guy in you tube with a Code 50 that uses a whole 8+ pedal effects board and it sounds awesome. When I tried this or similar options, I’m not able to use my volume. Master volume works but the EQ function and the volume do not have any effect on the amp. I prob did something wrong. Thanks again broham
- dwaine brosemer 19 Dec 2018 at 04:00 PM
I strongly recommend to leave AMP section ON, but set to Natural. This guy turned off everything, it causes EQ and GAIN does not work at all. I suggest you try also POWER and CAB - it does not influence input, your pedal board should work perfectly, but in my opinion it enhances overall sound of the CODE. - Jacek Klimkiewicz 19 Dec 2018 at 05:12 PM
Hey JACEK (not Jack, sorry bout that!) thanks a lot man I really appreciate it. I really do believe this Code 50 has a lot to offer if I could just use my pedal board when I want....that would be the ultimate. Thanks again for all the info. No idea why Marshall doesn’t tell people this. Every Code owner I know wishes they could use a pedal board of some degree. You wouldn’t happen to live in SoCal would you? - dwaine brosemer 19 Dec 2018 at 05:56 PM

vote

Hi Both,

There are 2 ways to download presets, one is from you PC via USB direct to your amp, no phone needed. The 2nd is by Bluetooth using the Gateway app on your mobile device.

If you are downloading via USB straight to the amp then you can click the amp button on the preset whilw the USB is connected to the Code, this one send the preset to your device, you will then need to press the store button to save the preset to your amp.

If your downloading via Gateway, you need to connect the Bluetooth on your device to the amp, then connect within the Gateway app, you will need to log in to the app using the same login you use for My Marshall, once you have done this you can save presets to your Libaray on the My Marshall website, you need to open the tab MY GATEWAY, then drag and replace the new presets into your list, you will then need to sync the presets while connected in the Gateway app to you amp.

Marshall Support

answered 19 Dec 2018 at 08:46 AM

Loading - please wait...