Marshall Gateway App no longer working at all

votes

Hi, since the latest update of the Gateaway app a couple of days ago it has stopped working entirely on my phone (Huwawei P20) and now I can't use it in any way, shape or form to control my Code 50.

When I open the app, at first I see a flicker of how it should look (or used to) and then the screen changes immediately to almost blank with a couple of small coloured areas on and nothing else, nothing to click on, no words or other symbols.

Please can you let me know when a fix will be available as I believe lots of other users too are having the same problem since this latest update went out.

Thanks you,

Phil

asked 01 Jul 2019 at 09:04 AM

Phil Woodward
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Phil,

We have just released a new version of Gateway (1.5.5) to the Play Store which includes improvements in the layout for notched devices.

Could you download it and give it a try? If you still experience the same issue could you take a screenshot and post it for us? Thanks.

Marshall Support

answered 03 Jul 2019 at 03:49 PM

Hi guys, only just seen this part of your reply - I'll download it tonight once I'm home and let you know if it works. In the meantime, I'm unsure how to post up a screenshot as I can't see any way of uploading a photo to this message, can you help please? - Phil Woodward 03 Jul 2019 at 05:18 PM
The update isnt showing on the playstore yet? - Phil Woodward 03 Jul 2019 at 06:58 PM
Hi Phil,

Can you see this yet, its seems all others have been able to update, can you try deleting and downloading again.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 04 Jul 2019 at 12:47 PM
I've just carried out the latest update after it appeared over lunchtime today but still the problem persists - if you can tell me how to get a screenshot to you, I'll send it straight away. I don't want to delete unless absolutely necessary incase I lose the presets I've tweaked myself - Phil Woodward 04 Jul 2019 at 12:53 PM
Hi Phil,

You can send screenshot to servicedesk@marshall.com ,

The presets are saved to your Gateway so if you delete as long as you log in using your account details you will still have the presets.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 04 Jul 2019 at 12:56 PM
Thanks, I'll send the screenshot over straight away, I'll delete and reinstall later tonight once home and let you know how things go - Phil Woodward 04 Jul 2019 at 12:57 PM
Thanks Phil, the team will be in contact soon

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 04 Jul 2019 at 12:59 PM
Hi again, good news - I've got home tonight, deleted and reinstalled the updated app and all now works as it should, jobs a good un!!!

Thanks for all your help guys, I remain a huge fan of Marshall Equipment.

Kind regards,
Phil
- Phil Woodward 04 Jul 2019 at 08:10 PM

vote

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the update,  our team are looking into this one.

Marshall Support

answered 01 Jul 2019 at 03:17 PM

Thanks guys, appreciate the swift response. I love the amp itself but this problems really taking the edge off it. Looking forward to it being fixed soon hopefully and I can get back to enjoying once again
- Phil Woodward 01 Jul 2019 at 03:19 PM
Hi Phil,
Would it be possible to send us a screenshot of the "almost blank" screen.
Thanks.
Marshall Support
- Marshall Amplification 01 Jul 2019 at 03:19 PM
Hi, yes no probs - how do I send you the screenshot? - Phil Woodward 03 Jul 2019 at 05:04 PM
Loading - please wait...