Marshall Code 50 speaker keeps cutting off while playing

votes

My Marshall Code 50 has been working very well until recently while im playing the speaker will just cut off out of nowhere. I am trying to see if anyone would know how to help with this problem. Thanks.

asked 01 Dec 2019 at 07:17 PM

Gabriel Spell
Hi, same problem. Yesterday i was playing for the audience with my band and after a minute playing it got cutted...turn on but w/o sound!! Unexpected!! So embarrasing... the rest of the band keep playing meanwhile i turn off and on again...and the sound goes back but just for a minute again!!! I did the re-start again and fortunatelly the sound did not cut again. I was not using bluetooth during the playing...i installed the last version 3 days before the problem happens. Now i have no confidence to play gigs...how can i solve the problem? I bought it in Buenos Aires City, Argentina - Gaston Khammar 31 Oct 2022 at 03:40 PM
Thank you for your comment, I would suggest having it looked by an engineer, if you contact your dealer they will be able to advise, or contact servicedesk@marshall.com

Kind Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 01 Nov 2022 at 08:32 AM
Answers: 6

votes

I have had this problem with my Code 25 forever.  But I think I may have stumbled upon the cause of the issue.

When it cuts out, try presing your Bluetooth combination (REV+POWER) and then pressing EXIT/STORE. 

If the speaker starts working again (even for a second or two), you know it's something to do with the bluetooth kicking in thats blocking the output to the speaker.

Try connecting the amp via BT to something else (i connected it to my pc, then back to my phone again).  This appeared to have solved the problem for me. 

I only discovered this yesterday so could be early days, but the amp did stay on for hours after without cutting out which is unheard of in my experience.

answered 30 Jan 2020 at 12:46 AM

Martin McGuire (3)
Just wondering if this did prove a long term solution for you?
Mine cuts out, I turn bluetooth on, then off again, the amp regains sound, then cuts out again. It's very hit and miss, but definitely something to do with the bt!!
- Nick Gerrish 03 Aug 2022 at 03:34 PM
Did you have some solution Nick? - Arilson Jr 15 Jan 2023 at 06:21 PM
Martin, this is just a work around solution. The speaker turn on but the problem repeat again! Marshall Support are you holding this problem that persist since 2019? - Arilson Jr 15 Jan 2023 at 06:25 PM

votes

I'm having the exact same problem, yet Marshall does not have a simple solution for this. I'm getting so pissed off!

answered 07 Dec 2019 at 04:39 PM

O Feijola (2)
Mi hanno detto di aggiornare il firmware...ma nn si riesce neanche in quello - raffaele De meo 08 Dec 2019 at 04:56 PM
Hi O Feijola,

I would suggest contacting your dealer and they will be able to arrange for an engineer to look at the amp for you.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 09 Dec 2019 at 01:33 PM

vote

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your comment, I would suggest having it looked by an engineer, if you contact your dealer they will be able to advise, or contact servicedesk@marshall.com

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 04 Dec 2019 at 01:49 PM

vote

Lo stesso problema lo sto avendo io...come posso risolverlo?

answered 06 Dec 2019 at 08:20 PM

raffaele De meo (1)

vote

I've bought a Marshall CODE 50 here in Brazil and unfortunately, my speaker is also cutting off while I'm playing. How the Marshall sells a product with a SERIOUS PROBLEM like this? It is unacceptable to have an amplifier with Bluetooth technology that simply turns off the speaker. I sent e-mail to servicedesk@marshall.com and contactus@marshall.com and I hope the problem should be resolved, as this looks like a manufacturing problem. This is my first Marhsall amplifier and it has made me very frustrated.

answered 15 Jan 2023 at 06:20 PM

Arilson Jr (5)
Another person with a CODE 50 that cut out when playing live. I can't stop, re-pair BT then continue when life in front of an audience. this is crappy. I doubt they tested this amp on a stage with a crowd of people using phones and the guitarist moving more than 2 feet from the amp. I with it was possible to just turn off BT pairing. Next amp will definitely not include any of this crap and probably wont be a Marshall since they don't seem to care - Lawrence Roux 08 Sep 2023 at 06:22 PM

votes

The most pathetic thing is that I contacted support via email and they simply said: "We haven't heard or seen this problem before". 

answered 28 Jan 2024 at 07:15 PM

Felipe Nunes de Freitas Lima
Loading - please wait...