How to correctly connect/use my new Marshall CODE 100 for recording?

votes

I recently got a Marshall  CODE 100 and I also recently got a Scarlett 2i2 recording interface. Before my CODE 100, I have been recording my guitar by going straight into the interface and using Pro Tools First. That worked fine. I even have been able to use pedals with my guitar and put that right into the interface. However, I want to be able to tweak my tone via the CODE 100 and still use my Scarlett and Pro Tools First. How do I do this? I do not see a line out on the CODE 100 head (I have a head and a Marshall 2x12 cab).

I am scared to really try because I am seeing mixed comments online. Some are saying it's very dangerous to go straight from the head to the computer via USB WITHOUT having it plugged into the cab because it could blow up the head? Some are telling me the only way to do it is it order a 1/8" to 1/4" cable and monoline it out and straight into the Scarlett interface from the headphone jack?

I cannot find a clear answer to these questions. Please, someone, help me. 

asked 08 Jan 2020 at 08:04 PM

colt eaves
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Colt,

Thank you for your message, you are correct the amp does need to be connect at all times to a cab, the only way we have tested recording is using the USB on the amplifier,  which is used as a interface to be able to record to a PC or Mac.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 09 Jan 2020 at 10:22 AM

Can you explain further as to why I need to keep the amp connected to the cab at all times? What's the potential danger? I appreciate the answer above. I just would like to be educated more on this matter. - colt eaves 09 Jan 2020 at 06:01 PM
Loading - please wait...