Code 100h crackle after chord played

vote

Hi Marshall, I have just purchased a Code 100h and 412 that sounds great, however, I notice that when I play a chord there is a sound coming from the amp after the chord dies down that sounds like a cyclicle click and hissing. I have tried different leads and plugged it in a different socket but still get this consistantly after holding a chord down?

asked 18 Feb 2020 at 11:35 AM

Michael Lawson (2)
Same with me. Not too annoying but kinda irritating ... - Mark Lüttger 18 Feb 2020 at 06:08 PM
Hi Mark, that is a little worrying as the cyclical click and poping hissing sound happens for me when not muting a chord and letting it ring and when playing lead if I play a note but again leave it to ring I get this happen, it does die down but would be a real pain gigging and when recording from the amp to a DAW. Did Marshall give you any recommendation as am hoping they will respond quickly so I can take this up with the shop I bought it from. Hoping this is not a feature and is just a faulty component. - Michael Lawson 18 Feb 2020 at 06:22 PM
Ok, I don‘t have a cyclical click, just a hiss that dies quick. So to me it was never an issue so I didn‘t ask Marshall about ist. Also doesn‘t disturb while gigging. - Mark Lüttger 18 Feb 2020 at 07:04 PM
Thanks Mark, mine is more pronounced so over to Marshall then for some good advice? - Michael Lawson 18 Feb 2020 at 07:15 PM
Sure! Hopefully they have an idea or - better - a solution! - Mark Lüttger 18 Feb 2020 at 07:18 PM
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Michael,

Thank you for getting in touch, could you please send us a video to servicedesk@marshall.com , and we will look into this for you.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 19 Feb 2020 at 10:41 AM

votes

Marshall Support.

Am pleased to say I have been able to resolve the issue which was that I had a pedal board plugged into the same 4 way plug board that the Code 100h was plugged into although I was using the pedals for my Code 100 Combo not the 100h, somehow the pedals were causing interferrence. Now unplugged the Code 100h sings thanks. Please close this thread as resolved.

answered 19 Feb 2020 at 11:01 AM

Michael Lawson (2)
Hi Marshall Support,

Further to my comments in Feb, I have continued to try to track the issue down and have discovered that the crackling happens with or without pedals but had not noticed it when just my LP or Strat was plugged in as have neighbours so had to keep the volume down.

However, this weekend I had a chance to try the 100h and 4x12 cab in more than one room at half volume without anything other than the LP or Strat and a couple of good leads (including a Marshall one) and still get the same issue.

I have logged a call with GAK in Brighton as am now convinced the amp is faulty, for them to either get the 100h back for testing and arrange for it to be fixed or for a replacement to be obtained under warranty. The amp was purchased on 13th Feb 2020
- Michael Lawson 08 May 2020 at 04:48 PM
Ok so on further testing with my Marshall Code 100 Combo I have sadly discovered it too suffers the same cyclical post interference, so clearly is not the fault of either amp as tried with everything in the house turned off so must be some external item (car, someone else's wifi device or unsuppressed electronics etc.) will try to track it down! - Michael Lawson 09 May 2020 at 06:10 PM
Loading - please wait...