Gateway connecting problems!!

votes

After the firm update it is impossible to connect between Gateway and the Code 50.

It is very annoying! I played a jcm 2000 tsl head and a jcm 800 head and i bought de Code 50 precisely for the possibility of a bluetooth connection!!

I saw a lot of the same questions, but never a answer back from Marshall..... that's make me sad.....

Hope for a answer...

asked 02 Feb 2017 at 11:36 AM

Jan Marcel de Jong (1)
Go to your bluetooth and clink "forget this device" and try re-conncecting. Worked for me. Good luck!
- David Bell 02 Feb 2017 at 07:01 PM
Just got my Code 50 yesterday and Gateway won't find my amp either. Can play music via Bluetooth but not adjust the amp. - steven Mckay 03 Feb 2017 at 02:48 PM
Thanks, David Bell, it works for me also, but I have to do this every time ;-) . And to Steven Mckay , I have the same problem. I can play music but I can not use my presets. - Jan Marcel de Jong 13 Feb 2017 at 10:36 AM
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Jan,

As David said, try forgetting the device on Bluetooth and follow the steps below to see if it connects OK.

close the app
delete it from your recently viewed app's
unpair with Bluetooth
turn the amp off

turn the amp back on
click on 'Rev and Power' on the amp and a blue light should start flashing
go back into your Bluetooth settings and pair with the amp
go into the app
on the left hand side of the app there should be a red tab that says connect
click on connect

answered 03 Feb 2017 at 08:51 AM

Hello Marshall,

Thank you for your advice. But I've already done that more than once. And, yes, it works. But than the next day, I had to do the same once again. Every time when I'm not used the Code for several houres I had to do this again! My bluetooth connection works, but only for the music. Not for my presets! I've got a Android mobile phone. And when i'm looking in the settings from my bluetooth on my mobile phone, only the media settings for music I can find. There must be a simpler way I asume, when I'm opening my Gateway app, that i've directly go to my presets?!
- Jan Marcel de Jong 13 Feb 2017 at 10:34 AM
If the CODE and your device are connected and you can play music, and the gateway can see your CODE but won't connect, we would suggest restarting the Gateway and try again, if that doesn't help reboot the CODE and try again. As a last resort, delete and re-install the Gateway. - Marshall Amplification 14 Feb 2017 at 09:29 AM
Doent work for me - henk rozenberd 05 Feb 2018 at 05:39 PM
Been trieing for 10 ouwers of reinstalling .starting ftrom scratch reconeccting Bluetooth. All of the above clearing case 3 different phones andrpid ios . Bluetooth is oke app wont connect - henk rozenberd 06 Feb 2018 at 12:10 PM

votes

Hi Henk,

Please try the below link to help with connection,

https://my.marshall.com/support/faq/838/code---gateway-bluetooth-connection-troubleshooting

Marshall Support

answered 06 Feb 2018 at 09:11 AM

Loading - please wait...