Characteristics of my CODE's Master Volume

votes

Is there any chance to rectify the way the master volume pot on the CODE 50 behaves via a firmware update? Or is it a malfuncion on my device?

From 0 to 1 there's, well, nothing. No sound. Above that, there's about two millimeters of neighbour friendly bedroom level followed by an abrupt kick in the guts.

Thanks in advance.

asked 08 Feb 2017 at 04:56 PM

Sebastian Opara (5)
I second that! - Mike Bull 08 Feb 2017 at 08:39 PM
Me too! - Torben Keller 10 Feb 2017 at 12:03 PM
I'm using a code 25 and it has the same issue. Instead of advising users to adjust volume in all presets how about Marshall tech team sorting this out with a software update. - Martin Blyth 10 Feb 2017 at 05:45 PM
After firmware it seemed slightly better or us that imagination?
Please adjust the Master Volume taper if possible and tell us either way. Confirm or deny....
- James Graham 07 Mar 2017 at 02:14 AM
Answers: 8

vote

Hi,

I noticed that my Code 25 master knob has a pretty linear volume response when I play over headphones. When I play via speaker, it is super sensitive around ~1, getting too loud very quickly.

Is there any fix planned? I have seen that other posts issue that topic as well.

Thank you

Philipp

answered 20 Apr 2017 at 05:59 PM

Philipp Münch (1)
Hi Philipp,
We are investigating this issue and it is currently with our R & D department, we apologise for the delay and look to have this issue resolved ASAP.
Team Marshall
- Marshall Amplification 21 Apr 2017 at 07:56 AM
Hi Marshall, I have the same volume problem on my code50. Even 1 is too much for some - Ken Gibson 22 May 2017 at 05:09 AM
Same problem here, I haven't cracked the master volume past 3 however, I have found that when you are using playback mode, you need to crank up the master in order to get the playback level where you can actually hear it.....then you adjust your FX volume down so you can match the playback sound level. - Bryan Como 27 Jun 2017 at 06:07 PM

votes

Hi Sebastian,

Try adjusting the the volume on each individual preset, this should help.

Kind Regards

Team Marshall

answered 09 Feb 2017 at 08:40 AM

This isn't a soulution in my opinion, because adjusting the volume also modifies the sound of the preset. - Torben Keller 10 Feb 2017 at 12:02 PM
I agree this is a work around not a solution, tech team need to sort out a proper fix for this issue, but I won't hold my breath. - Martin Blyth 10 Feb 2017 at 05:53 PM
If I adjust the volume too low (0.1-1) the sound is thin. - Sale M 23 Feb 2017 at 08:15 PM
You Team Marshall ; are you understanding that it is NOT a solution ???? 1. there are 100 presets; should I adjust all ????? 2. the preset volume is the USB recording volume !!! 3. the master volume MUST BE LINEAR !!!!

If you can not solve it via firmware so you should declare that it is a producing issue and recall the products.
- Eug Eugov 02 Jul 2017 at 08:57 AM

votes

I think its the way the pots are set up. If you want to play at bedroom level you have to adjust the equalizer knob using the editor. The CODE has no problem with volumes between 0.1 and 1 if you use an editor to set it electronically .

There is no master volume available to the editor, but most patches are quiet enough at 0.1 - 0.4 for bedroom playing with Master volume between 1 and 3. 

If you don't like using gateway on mobile devices and have your CODE hooked up to a PC via USB. There are two  third party editors available  for the code that can be more convenient.

answered 11 Feb 2017 at 12:37 AM

Adrian Tysoe (5)

votes

18 months on, and my 4-week  old Code 50 still has the same issue. 

Marshall - if your fix is to turn down the patch volume (read "operator error") - then why isn't this done on your factory presets? 

The vibe I'm getting here is - if you buy a Marshall, then you *must* play in a Motorhead/Metallica tribute band, and live next-door to a home for the deaf. If you don't - that's your problem, sunshine. 

Not good enough, Marshall. I actually live close to the Marshall offices in Bletchley - I should come and play my amp in your reception area with the master volume set on "1.5"..... 

answered 11 Oct 2018 at 08:46 AM

Milo Black

votes

Hello Milo,

You would be more then welcome to come down to the factory and sit with a member of our code support team where we can go through the process of setting up the volume levels. While at the factory we would also love to show you around.

If you would to take us up on this offer then please e-mail servicedesk@marshall.com

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 11 Oct 2018 at 09:24 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)

votes

I'm using a  Xender Discord Omegle  code 25 and it has the same issue /  Instead of advising users to adjust volume in all presets how about Marshall tech team sorting this out with a software update.

edited 23 May 2019 at 06:11 PM

SAILITY SASY

answered 23 May 2019 at 01:17 AM

SAILITY SASY
Hi Saility,

The Master volume is not a part of the board so cannot be updated via Firmware.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 23 May 2019 at 07:58 AM

votes

Similer kind of  problem  i am facing right now, I haven't try to cracked the master volume , i am trying  for past more than5 , but i find it  when i are using playback mode,  what i am saying is ,you need to crank up the master in order to get back the level of Omegle playback where you can actually check it and  hear it.....then you adjust your FX volume so you can hear!

answered 15 Aug 2020 at 02:55 PM

jaxon ahir

votes

Hello, Raghu Rodka I am having that kind of dought. Please help [url= ? me out with solutions. Tribute 25 and has a similar problem. Instead of encouraging customers to change the volume of all presets, how do Marshall technical teams request product updates. 

edited 06 Jul 2021 at 08:08 AM

Verma Same

answered 06 Jul 2021 at 08:05 AM

Verma Same
Loading - please wait...