CODE50 - Get a horrible feedback when i turn it up loud

votes

So ive been using my code50 for about a month now. Only really used it at my house and im getting on really well with it, i love it. Dead easy to use and like using a mixture of gateway and pedal.

I took it to band practice the other day, a chance for it to really show me what it can do. Turned it up to about half way on the master volume and i had this horrible screeching feedback come through every time i even touched my guitar strings. Almost as if my guitar was right up against the amp but it wasnt. 

Was fine on a clean setting, only when i had it on a distorted setting

Anyone else having this issue? 

asked 13 Feb 2017 at 09:43 PM

chris poole
Answers: 3

vote

I have only had my Code 50 for a coule days so I am just learing about it.  But what I have found, on high gain settings especially, if I turn the master up over 2 it about blows me over backwards.  If you have it turned up half way with a high gain setting I bet it would feedback pretty bad.  I would reccomend turning down the gain and/or volume a bit as continued use that loud would probably make your ears bleed.....  I guess powerful or cheap pickups could enhance it too. 

As far as touching your strings making it happen, I think when you touch the strings it's making enough noise to turn your noise gate off which is making the feedback kick in.

answered 05 Mar 2017 at 02:09 PM

Dennis Bowen (20)

votes

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your email, could you please send us a soundclip so we can look into this servicedesk@marshallamps.com

Kind Regards

Team Marshall

answered 14 Feb 2017 at 04:25 PM

No worries, will do - chris poole 16 Feb 2017 at 09:37 AM

votes

I have the same problem with the CODE 100 Head, playing AC/DC (Angus Young). Above 1/3 the feedback kicks in. I had this also during a gig, it was horrible and unusable. Anyone with a good solution?

answered 24 Mar 2019 at 03:35 PM

Paul Haullussy
Loading - please wait...
This site uses cookies to improve your experience. By continuing we assume that you're ok for us to store cookies on your device. You can change your cookie settings at any time, or delete cookies, by going to our cookie consent page.