Code Combo Simple Question

votes

Why don't the Code combos have speaker out jacks?

This is incredibly frustrating and made more so due to the nearly year long wait for the Code head to be available in the US.  I am very interested to hear the modeling through 1960 cabs, and it simply doesn't make sense to have a completely closed system on the combo amps.

Please consider this option in subsequent versions.

asked 14 Feb 2017 at 05:37 PM

Matt Smith
Hi Matt, whilst the CODE100 is more suited to running various extension cabinets your feedback has been noted and passed on :-)
Team Marshall
- Marshall Amplification 15 Feb 2017 at 11:20 AM
I too would spring on the head faster if it ran the speaker out and the line out together!!
Enables on stage monitor AS WELL as a direct to PA! ;)
Hoping..
- ssolo 8 26 Jun 2017 at 02:18 AM
Answers: 3

vote

I agree brother. I'm considering modifying the 50 by disconnecting the combo speaker and wiring a mono output jack for a four ohm cab (1960a). Should work just fine. I like the idea of having a combo and a head in one. Marshall should have thought of this indeed. 

answered 15 Feb 2017 at 12:47 AM

Randy Abbott (1)

votes

I think it's because the stock speaker is only 4 ohms to begin with, so a speaker out would have to be some sort of setup where the onboard speaker is disconnected when you plug into it so you don't drop below 4 ohms.  And their thinking was that the combos were meant to be portable in the first place.

I was thinking if I ever replace my stock speaker I would put an 8 ohm in it with a jack wired to the extra tabs on the speaker so I could run out to another 8 ohm 1x12 cabinet to end up at the 4 ohms that the amps were meant to run on.   That would be a good idea for Marshall actually, add a speaker jack and make matching 1x12 extension cabs out of the same cabinets.

answered 05 Mar 2017 at 01:44 PM

Dennis Bowen (20)
Cool!! You've invented the Code Mini Stack! I'm sold! We could do this if the line out ran concurrently with the speaker.. First thing I checked.. - ssolo 8 26 Jun 2017 at 02:22 AM

votes

Because they are exactly the same digital processors (25/50) so if someone needed to use outputs in larger cabinets, it would not make sense to pay more for 50.

answered 22 May 2017 at 02:35 PM

Juliano UL (1)
Loading - please wait...