Distorted sound without any effects turned on

votes

Hi all.

I found out, that my Code25 has a small problem. When I play clean guitar and on my Code are all buttons turned off, I hear little bit distorted sound, when I play louder. The same behaviour occurs, when volume knob is on 0.1 and also on 10. Volume is louder on 10, ofcourse, but distorted sound is the same ...

I tried it compare to the same style of playing in my computer via my M-Audio sound card, but there is no problem - sound is clear (without distortion).

I compared it using headphones ... it's not a problem of speaker in Code25.

Can someone help me, how to fix this behaviour of Code?

Thank you,

Ales

edited 20 Oct 2017 at 08:51 AM

Ales Prochazka

asked 19 Oct 2017 at 06:27 PM

Ales Prochazka
Answers: 2

votes

One of the fantastic things about the CODE series is how extremely well they model the actual feel of a tube amplifier.  What you describe will occur on my 100H if you crank it.   It feels like tubes "breaking up."  Perhaps, you may be more used to the classic response of a solid state?   I suggest you just roll of the volume a bit, and the CODE will clean up...nice.  It is surprisingly dynamic.

answered 21 Oct 2017 at 01:30 PM

Mark Hallman (25)

votes

Hi.

I would appriciate, if someone from Marshall team will answer. The reason of my original question is, that I use my CODE for recording songs directly via USB. And Strange, crispy and distorted sound is there also, when I play louder. And this is problem also for clean sound presets ...

Probably something wrong in pre-amplifier before rest of CODE circuits ...

I want to mention, that I use guitar with passive electronic inside, so it couldn't be caused by too high level of original signal.

Thank you.

answered 02 Nov 2017 at 08:20 AM

Ales Prochazka
Hi Ales,

Thank you for your message, have you tried a Firmware update on your Code unit.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 02 Nov 2017 at 11:51 AM
Hi.
Yes. I have installed last firmware on my Code 25. Version 1.41.
Ales.
- Ales Prochazka 02 Nov 2017 at 04:34 PM
Hi Ales,

Have you tried adjusting the Noise Gate on the Code unit.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 03 Nov 2017 at 09:17 AM
Hi.
Yes. I tried it with Noise gate turned on (max level, 0) and also with all buttons (PRE FX, AMP, MOD, DEL,REV,POWER, CAB) turned of.
Is it still there. If it helps, I can provide recording of this sound ...
Ales.
- Ales Prochazka 03 Nov 2017 at 01:25 PM
Hi Ales,

If you could that would be great, can you send it to Servicedesk@marshallamps.com

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 06 Nov 2017 at 09:56 AM
Files sent to Servicedesk@marshallamps.com - Ales Prochazka 07 Nov 2017 at 06:43 PM
Loading - please wait...