Stackwell II switch Aux input to Bluetooth

votes

I recently bought a stockwell II speaker, and i would like to play with some instruments on these speaker, with the aux input when instrument doesn't make sound it switch automaticaly to bluetooth source even if nothing is paired with. There's a gap before the sound reapear on the speaker it's boring with a keyboard or guitar with a preamp in the minijack input. Is there any way to update this bug ? Marshall speaker and can't play with an instrument on... Lol

asked 09 Jul 2022 at 12:10 AM

Philippe Capitani
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Philippe,

Thank you for your comments, the stockwell is a bluetooth audio speaker and is not designed to used for guitars or any other instruments, it is only to be used to stream music

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 11 Jul 2022 at 08:29 AM

votes

In the past decade, Bluetooth Audio Speakers have adopted DSP processing to extend and flatten  the audio frequency response of the small drivers (speakers) 

Even if you make a physical cable connection into their TRS Sterer Auxillillary Audio Input, you will expereince 60-80 millisecond latency, which is disctracting and not acceptable for live guitar performance (Busking)  - This latency is due to the internal budget DSP Speaker management for a box who'se main function is to amplify Bluetooth streamed pre recoded music from a smartphone playlist or "Apple Music, Spotify, etc.  - and was not designed as a professional audio grade low latency amplification system.

edited 23 Jul 2022 at 07:15 AM

Steve Conrad (1)

answered 23 Jul 2022 at 07:14 AM

Steve Conrad (1)
I don't have any delay in aux input. I've have an annoying auto switch signal to Aux Source (jack input) to bluetooth even with a music gap on my mp3 player with cable, it's just a firmware bug, but like all big compagny they don't care about customers problem, so Marshall it's no more for me, i'm professional musician and i will sell all my marshall gears. I will probably remove myself the bluetooth circuit on cms Electronic board, i don't use it so it will solve my problem, no time to reverse their firmware i'm just fine in Electronic so.... - Philippe Capitani 23 Jul 2022 at 11:32 AM
Loading - please wait...