Cab models sound better recorded through USB than through the amp

votes

I've just bought a Marshall CODE 50 and after playing a bit with it and experimenting around with the settings, I came to a conclusion that the cabinet models sound better recorded with the direct input than through the amp speaker when playing.

Just wondering if anyone thinks the same. Sorry if I couldn't make it more clear, English isn't my native language and I don't know how to fully express myself.

asked 17 Oct 2023 at 08:09 PM

Pedro Duarte
Answers: 1

votes

It depends entirely on your "Live" recording set-up. There are many factors involved when recording from the amp speaker that will affect the quality of your recordings. Such as the type of mic and pre-amp, the positioning of the mic, your recording space, your experience with and the quality of your recording equipment and the EQing of the amp model itself.  Recording with direct input (usb connection to DAW) can also produce varied results depending on the versatility and functionality of your DAW and how well you know how to use it. Some people swear by only recording "Live" from speaker. While others swear by only recording "Direct" through USB. You can achieve good reults either way if you know what you're doing.

answered 05 Nov 2023 at 03:31 PM

Kevin Towns (35)
Loading - please wait...