Code 50 abnormally loud notes on some frequencies on high gain

votes

Hi, I have an issue where playing some notes in fifth octave like g5 weirdly resonates with some internals of the Amp amifying the note to unpleasant degree at the start of the note and even more couple of seconds later. Notes close to it behave normally. 

This happens on both my guitars, both through the speaker and headphones on any cranked high gain Amp. My other two amps do not exhibit the same issue as well as boss gt-1000 connected to my code with ever section of it turned off.

Please help me troubleshoot this. 

Obviously, I have updated to the latest firmware and did a factory reset after. However, neither of this helped. 

asked 18 Nov 2023 at 12:32 AM

T K
Hello

I would lower the presence and resonance and look at the pedal tones, the delay, the modulation, the reverb...
I hope it helps you
- Ignacio González 18 Nov 2023 at 06:02 PM
After thorough investigation I found that this is due to guitar resonance. The headphone part was a bit wrong. Weirdly both guitars resonate on the same frequencies and it's uncontrollable, like the other feedback you can get by playing on lower gain settings. - T K 18 Nov 2023 at 06:09 PM
I had never heard of that. Are the pickups active or passive? - Ignacio González 18 Nov 2023 at 06:14 PM
Passive - T K 18 Nov 2023 at 06:43 PM
I recently got a code 50 as well, I am having issues with volume as well. It's either too quiet, or so loud the police get called. I've tried everything and can't get just a normal volume adjustment. - Ron Norris 01 Feb 2024 at 04:30 PM
You issue is different from mine. I have nasty sounding resonance on specific notes.
In you case the problem is that the master volume on this Amp is very sensitive at low values. To overcome this I suggest using an app and setting volume on each gainy preset no more than 0.5 and then crank master volume higher.
- T K 01 Feb 2024 at 08:16 PM
Answers: 0
Loading - please wait...