Strange issue with code50. Preset is changing on it own.

votes

Hello.

I had that issue for a sometime on my code50 but now I know a bit more  about it.  For at least two years  this amp was changing preset settings why I was playing on it  At first I did not reallise  that especially on clear sound, but after some time with distorted sound  it was obvious that sound become louder and more distorted. Visually I could see that display become dim and almost always was changing from number and name  page of the preset to page with settings.  Now I can see when phone is connected settings on the app are changing as well. It is gain, volume, bass, middle   and treble  parameters which move up. Master is staying like it is. After changing preset to other one and coming back to the same preset it will stay normal for some time (few second to few minutes) and change again.

I tried to update firmware but that did not help. For some time I was suspecting power supply issue as sometimes  electricity in my place can be not up to standar , but now  I am sure that is not a case.  Any idea what cause that problem and how to fix it?

asked 18 Apr 2024 at 02:38 PM

Raff Von D
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Raff,

Thank you for reaching out we would suggest the amplifier is looked at by an engineer, if the amp is under warranty please contact the store it was purchased from.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 22 Apr 2024 at 08:00 AM

Loading - please wait...