CODE Spares

votes

Hello TEAM MARSHALL.

I'm curious about something:

It only ocurred to me last night that maybe, just maybe, replacing the Master Volume (and in my case, on one of my five amps. also the Preset Volume) pot. with a new or replacement (generic, higher quality) pot. would solve this Master Volume issue once and for all.  So to this end I started scouring the Internet only to find that there is not a single supplier that I can find that supplies spares for the CODE amps.  There's spares for just about every other Marshall amp. known to man (including the MG series) but nothing, nada, for the CODE amps.  and this INCLUDES the Marshall store itself.  Your input and thoughts on this???

Also: how difficult would it be to obtain the specs. etc. of the amps. e.g. what are the specs. of the pots. (particularly the Master Volume and Preset Volume pots.)???

Regards,

Dale.

asked 17 May 2018 at 07:50 AM

Dale Paterson (105)
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Dale,

Our spares are available via your countrys distributor.

T.o.m.s. Sound and Music is our Distributor for South Africa.

Marshall Support

answered 21 May 2018 at 08:38 AM

votes

Thank you.

That's where they come from so all good.

Was just wondering is all i.e. there's many US distributors (retailers???) selling Marshall spares but none have spares for the CODE range so was just curious.

In PARTICULAR I was looking for replacement pots. (for Master Volume and Preset Volume) (you know the story)!!!  And, well, on two of my amps. the Preset Selectors are "iffy" i.e. they don't click nicely into place when changing presets (been like that since new).

You probably don't want to hear this BUT the quality of these pots. etc. are causing havoc for you.  Up the price by a few $$$ and upgrade the quality of the pots. and you'll probably never see another complaint about the Master Volume (fortunately I'm sold on these amps. so I'll live with their quirks but others, as you can see, are not prepared to do so and with good reason I have to say).

Regards,

Dale.

edited 22 May 2018 at 06:06 PM

Dale Paterson (105)

answered 22 May 2018 at 05:58 PM

Dale Paterson (105)
Loading - please wait...