Sync Precedence

votes

I know I can override any CODE amp preset with CODE USB connections from the website or by changing on my phone while connected and saving either on the phone and/ or amp.  But How do direct amp changes work with Gateway while disconnected and then synced later on?

In other words, if I save modifications on my amp to a particular preset and I am not connected to my gateway on my phone, when I do connect and sync later, which setting wins?  Does the phone setting override the amp-stored setting (ie. back out the mods made on the amp / push the settings to the amp from the phone) or does the phone pick up the modified amp setting from the amp and store it in Gateway (ie, pull the settings from the amp and store in my phone)?  

Also, I have the first 30 presets set up for ones I use to perform and are addressable using code programmable foot controller.   If I want to archive/backup those presets someplace to guard against an unplanned need to do a factory reset, does it make sense to store them perhaps in the cooresponding setting in my Library ( the blue section of My Gateway )  That way i can bring them into the amps and store them one at a time from the library back into the presets on the amp, or is there a better way to backup/restore presets in the event of a factory reset?

Thanks!

asked 07 Jan 2019 at 06:20 PM

Stephen Sterner
Doesn't really. Its a multiple choice question. so let me ask it differently. If I have a preset say in preset 01 called Clean on the amp. When connected I also can reference preset 01 Clean from my phone to control that preset from my phone. These settings are SYNCED. I leave the phone at home. While playing out I fine tune settings in the Preset 01 Clean on the amp changing say Gain and Reverb to something else. When I come home and resync the phone with my amp, will the Gain and Reverb settings be
A) the changed settings I made to the amp when out - OR -
B) Reverted back to the setting on the phone at the prior sync point before I left (prior sync)?

The question is about how the two are actually synced. who is the source of truth? the master if you will, when the sync process happens?

- Stephen Sterner 08 Jan 2019 at 05:58 PM
Hi Stephen,

If you change a preset from your amp and you are not connected to Gateway it will save on your amp only, when you are connected to Gateway in the bottom left of the screen you choose either your amp presets or your device presets, the synced presets only save to your device, you can overwrite presets from your device to your amp, there is no master to either the amp presets or the Gateway presets. If you want to use your Gateway presets you have to connect your device.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 09 Jan 2019 at 09:40 AM
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for getting in contact, any changes you make to you Code while using the amp by itself will only save on the amp, when you have Gateway app connected to Code, you can choose either the phone (Gateway Presets) or your amp presets, these are both differnet depending on what you save to both.

I would save any back up presets to your Gateway app.

Hope this helps.

Marshall Support

answered 08 Jan 2019 at 08:55 AM

Loading - please wait...