Code 100H Bluetooth Problem

votes

I’ve just purchased a code 100 head, it great apart from the Bluetooth doesn’t seem to work. I stRt the pairing process, the blue light flashes on the amp and displays the Bluetooth code. But I don’t get any new devices to pair with on my phone or iPad, any other devices I pair with show up instantly. It feels like the Bluetooth module either faulty or nor present. I saw someone with a similar issue that said their module was no physically connected, does anyone have any more information on this or suggestions?

asked 25 May 2019 at 11:46 PM

Ray Pering (11)
Answers: 3

vote

The grand fix for this issue in my case was to talk to Marshall customer support, they were excellent, took the amp and replaced the faulty Bluetooth module. Only took a few days. They’re lovely people, these things happen, it’s frustrating but just one of those things. Give them a shout they’ll sort it. 

answered 12 Jun 2019 at 04:34 PM

Ray Pering (11)

votes

I'm having the exact same issue. My phone & tablet seem to be working fine but the amp is not popping up when I scan for a device. I've tried updating the firmware on the amp twice just to be sure. I'm stumped. Hopefully someone from Marshall can help us.

answered 26 May 2019 at 10:18 AM

Joe Roche (3)
Hello,

A new update is available now

Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- JOANNA GREEN 14 Jun 2019 at 02:20 PM

votes

Hi,

If you the device is not seeing the amp, I would suggest having the amp looked at by an engineer to check the bluetooth module on the amplifier.

Marshall Support

answered 28 May 2019 at 07:59 AM

So youre saying we should take it to a 3rd party Non-Marshall licensed "engineer" to work on our amps......and void our warranty? You know taking our amp to an "engineer" costs money ? So you want us to pay someone to fix a brand new amp ive owned for 4 days? - Joe Roche 28 May 2019 at 12:03 PM
Hi Joe,

I would suggest contacting your dealer, and they will be able to arrange for the amp to be looked at under warranty.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 28 May 2019 at 12:17 PM
Oh so dont take it to an "engineer" ?

Ive already contacted the retailer and im sending the amp back for a refund. If this is the advice you give people you should be ashamed.
- Joe Roche 28 May 2019 at 12:25 PM
Hi Joe

Sorry for the confusion, we would always suggest contacting the dealer who the warranty is with, for them to arrange for an engineer to look at the amp under warranty.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 28 May 2019 at 12:42 PM
Why are so many ppl having this exact same issue with your amps ? Look theres so many !! - Joe Roche 28 May 2019 at 12:46 PM
Hi Marshall Support, is it possible to arrange for the init to be looked at under warranty direct with yourselves. I’m pretty much on your doorstep in MK so it would be far simpler for me to drop it direct to you rather than ship it back to the reseller I ordered it through. - Ray Pering 28 May 2019 at 05:54 PM
Hi Ray,

Of course, if you contact our team on servicedesk@marshall.com , they will be able to arrange this for you.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 29 May 2019 at 07:46 AM
Hi Joe,

Some of the issue are due to the security on the device, we are working on an update for this, and hoping this will be out very soon.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 29 May 2019 at 07:51 AM
My Iphone 7 is also not detecting the brand new amp in bluetooth. “headphones” keeps popping up as a device but it won’t connect to it...says it fails to connect. - Kevin Smith 12 Jun 2019 at 03:01 PM
Hi Kevin, your issues sounds different to mine as yours is actually seeing the device, there are some routines you can do to reset the Bluetooth on the amp, may be worth trying those as it may just be that as the connection failed the first time the module is now stuck partially paired. I have had my amp repaired now, it was a faulty Bluetooth module which they replaced. Marshall were excellent, I dropped it in to the head office as it’s close to me and it was repaired in a few days. If you are having an issue similar I would contact their customer support as they are only to happy to help, they would have shipped the amp I only took mine in as I was close and quite fancied going to the offices. - Ray Pering 12 Jun 2019 at 04:29 PM
Loading - please wait...