Stanmore 2 - Spotify Connect not working

votes

Hi,

My Stanmore 2 recently stopped being able to connect to Spotify using the Spotify Connect feature.

I have done a factory reset and tried reconnecting to the internet again.

I tested the Alexa functions and those work, such as asking for the time and weather updates and they are fine, so its just the Spotify Connect.

The Marshall speaker shows up on the list of devices on the Spotify App  that I can connect to but it just stays on "Connecting..." when selected.

I can connect fine to my PC and Echo device via Spotify Connect.

Any help?

Thanks,

Alfie

edited 26 Sep 2020 at 01:03 PM

alfie pang

asked 26 Sep 2020 at 01:02 PM

alfie pang
Connect your Stanmore II Voice to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone, tablet or PC running the Spotify app.
Open up the Spotify App on your phone, tablet or laptop using the same Wi-Fi network.
Play a song and select the devices available. ? ? ? ?
- Jose Sally 25 Jul 2022 at 08:06 AM
Answers: 8

votes

Hi Alfie,

Thank you for your comments, please contact support@marshallheadphones.com , for any Bluetooth headphones or speakers.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 28 Sep 2020 at 10:46 AM

votes

If Spotify Connect isn't working for you, make sure: ... You have the latest version of Spotify on your device. All devices' software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturer for how to check and update the version software.  shareit app vidmate

answered 01 Oct 2020 at 07:10 AM

peter musk

votes

Does only Spotify have that problem? Do other apps work well on it? My suggestion is to close it and restart your Stanmore. You can change to other streaming audio like Pandora, Tidal. Or you can rip Spotify to mp3 with Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter(? then stream them to Stanmore.  

edited 03 Mar 2021 at 03:52 AM

claudia black

answered 03 Mar 2021 at 03:51 AM

claudia black

votes

Hi all.

I did all the reset and reconnects as suggested.

It's only the Spotify Connect that is the issue. Bluetooth works though so if I use the Spotify app via Bluetooth I can select songs and skip but that defeats the point of having the voice control.

The speaker won't take any voice song requests or even pause the music and it just says "Connecting..." when I use the WiFi option.

Anyone know how to find out if the firmware on the Stanmore is the latest version? There isn't even a way to check in the app. It's a dreadful app and experience.

I can only see the firmware version but there's no check for updates button which just seems ridiculous.

answered 20 Mar 2021 at 03:36 PM

alfie pang

votes

If Spotify Connect isn't working for you, make sure: ... You have the latest version of Spotify on your device. 

? ? ?

? ? ?

edited 01 Jul 2021 at 03:49 PM

Spice Agent

answered 19 May 2021 at 11:27 AM

Spice Agent

votes

You can access your email from anywhere with smtp settings. It's easy to use and has many features.

?

edited 11 Jun 2022 at 08:59 AM

Sreoiha A

answered 11 Jun 2022 at 08:54 AM

Sreoiha A

votes

Hi Alfie, sorry to hear about the issues with your Stanmore 2. I've had a similar issue with a different speaker before, and it can be frustrating when technology doesn't work as it should. Have you tried reaching out to the customer support team? You might need it for working on your own musical projects and uploading them to Spotify. It can be really rewarding to create and share your music, and it's easier than ever, thanks to platforms like Spotify. If you're new to this, you might find it helpful to check out the resources at ? . They have some great tips and tools.

edited 02 Jan 2023 at 01:23 PM

Juliette Nicholson

answered 01 Jan 2023 at 02:08 AM

Juliette Nicholson

votes

1. Check whether you connect your Speaker and your phone to the same Bluetooth or WiFi network.

2. Remove the previously connected devices from the Bluetooth settings to stop Spotify from switching to another device.

3. Check your Spotify Premium.

If none of those methods works, you can try to download Spotify songs to MP3, WAV, AAC, or more Marshall speaker-compatible audio files using the AudFun Spotify Music Converter. Then listen to those downloads on the Stanmore 2 through Bluetooth for free.

answered 19 Mar 2024 at 11:27 AM

Aurora Brown
Loading - please wait...