PC application AGAIN!!!!

vote

At some point Marshall will give up on Code and move on to something else (and by past experience it may not be that far away). I would have liked some way to backup and restore patches to the amp once there is no more Gateway or online storage (this happened to Fender Fuse)
I cant believe that after 5 years Marshall dont have even a basic PC application to perform the simple task of saving and loading patches. Even the most basic of multi FX have that functionality these days.

Its clearly hoping for too much to get an editor, you can do that on the app, or even on the amp itself fairly easily anyway.  I'm more worried about managing patches if Marshall shut down the Code servers. Without a way to backup and restore what happens if you have to reset your amp. You have lost everything. After spending a lot of time getting all our sounds just right, I for one would probably give up at that point.

I'm not asking for much, save a patch from the amp to a file, load a patch back from a file to the amp!

asked 10 Mar 2021 at 10:15 AM

Joliet Jake (126)
I share your opinion. I liked the sounds of the emulated amps but I am very disappointed by the lack and failure of some basic features that do not allow me to use the product satisfactorily. If I could, I would have already returned the product. - Paulo Crush 28 Mar 2021 at 10:44 PM
Answers: 3

vote

Hi Joliet

Thank you for your suggestion. We have no intention on shutting down the code servers but we understand the reason for the suggestion you have made. We will relay this to our product team.  We do not plan on discontinuing CODE in the near future but we understand your concernsThank you for your suggestion. We have no intention on shutting down the code servers but we understand the reason for the suggestion you have made. We will relay this to our product team.  We do not plan on discontinuing CODE in the near future but we understand your concerns

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 11 Mar 2021 at 08:49 AM

votes

Hi, Joliet.

Marshall Team probably don't like what I say here, but there is a third party application called "PC CODE Editor". This app allows you not only save unlimited number of presets on your local PC, but makes creating your own presets much easier.

marshallcode.tools/pc-editor/

edited 10 Mar 2021 at 12:25 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)

answered 10 Mar 2021 at 12:23 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
Hello Jacek
Thanks for the reply. I was aware of the tool, and it looks very good, but unfortunately it doesn't work. If you try and download settings or save settings to the amp you just get a SYSEX Device ID error. I dont know if this is due to newer firmware on the amps breaking this function, but I tried it on Windows 10 64 bit and Windows 7 32 bit and got the same error. There seems to be lots of people getting the same error, and it looks like nobody is going to fix or support the application.
It's a pity, I just got the amp, and I think its really good and unfairly treated by some you tubers, but its starting to look like I've bought an end of life product.
- Joliet Jake 10 Mar 2021 at 01:36 PM
I am experiencing so much disgust and if I could have already returned the AMP. I like the sound but the gross flaws do not allow reliable use especially in GIGs. The hardware may crash at any time. - Paulo Crush 28 Mar 2021 at 10:47 PM
Hi Jacek,
I have a Code25 and when I have it connected to my PC via USB cable, it works perfectly fine with the PC Editor software. You can tell if it's all good because when you open the software, the MIDI will be in green. I can then easilty pull presets from my amp, edit them, re-save to hte amp and/or save a preset file. I also have many presets downloaded from their patches site which I load into the editor and upload to my amp without any issues whatsoever.
Might be worth checking the usb cable?
- Colin Heaps 24 May 2021 at 01:13 PM

votes

Totally agree but the "PC CODE Editor" program is full of errors and to this day it is an abandoned project, so it is not possible to continue using it.

It is also Marshall's responsibility to create an official program for his CODE devices. Please we need it urgently, do not abandon those of us who trust your technology. We urgently need a new Firmware with improvements and a Desktop Software to manage the patches. Thanks

answered 30 Mar 2021 at 04:10 PM

Sebastián Mancipe (9)
Loading - please wait...