Code Bluetooth headphones

votes

Does anyone know if you can connect Bluetooth headphones before I go buy a pair 

asked 30 Dec 2016 at 08:57 AM

sid Featherstone
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Sid,

At this time No there is not a way of connecting Bluetooth Headphones to the Code.

Kind Regards

Team Marshall

answered 04 Jan 2017 at 09:43 AM

votes

You can use bluetooth headphones by using a bluetooth transmitter pluggd into the headphone jack on the amp. I have tested this with a standard bluetooth audio jack transmitter (about £12-£30 online). However the latency with the cheaper transmitters is not useable, it's about 05 seconds. However there is a new type of transmitter with a technology called Aptx, this has a standard latency of <100ms and with can be as low as <35ms if the transmitter and receiver use Aptx.

I will hopefully be getting Aptx headphones and a transmitter shortly. I will update here when I do, or if anyone else is trying this I'd be very interested to hear about results and devices used.

Cheers
Jools

answered 14 Aug 2017 at 07:44 AM

Jools Turrall (2)
So if anyone's reading this and waiting to find out if there's a bluetooth solution for headphones. Bad news is there pretty much isn't, further research shows that even the <35ms of Aptx bluetooth is still really noticable, in fact looking into RF based wireless headphones shows that these have <20ms latency and this creates a noticable delay. Of course the level of 'noticable' will differ from person to person, and what is considered acceptable is also a matter of taste... and hearing. However unless you spend out on studio wireless rig, the only way to properly get regularly down below 16ms is with wires! - Jools Turrall 16 Aug 2017 at 10:10 PM
Loading - please wait...
This site uses cookies to improve your experience. By continuing we assume that you're ok for us to store cookies on your device. You can change your cookie settings at any time, or delete cookies, by going to our cookie consent page.