Strange ping on my Code 50

votes

i noticed a strange ping in almost any preset.

i did a firmware update and the ping gone.

i turned off my amp and turned on, and the ping was there.

and so on.

it's in the AMP section. when i turn off AMP the ping is gone but also the AMP that i was using.

Also i reseted the Code 50 to Factory conditions and the ping is gone, but when i turned off/on the ping is back. 

What can i do to resolve this? 

edited 11 Aug 2017 at 11:27 PM

Sergio Lopez Guevara

asked 11 Aug 2017 at 10:53 PM

Sergio Lopez Guevara
Do you currently have your usb cable plugged into both your computer and amp and have you sound playback device set to the code? In some cases unshielded usb cables can cause an almost ticking noise to occur (it may even sound like a slight digital static). If you do have it plugged in simply unplug your computer and see if it goes away. If so look into purchasing a better usb cable or possible investigate a better sound card / sound card driver. - Gary Wright 20 Aug 2017 at 07:55 AM
No, i don't have any USB cables attached. I checked all cables aswell. All cables sound great at my Vox amp. But when i turn on the Code that sound (ping) returns when i play any note. If i do a factory reset and don't turn off the amp, it sounds great, no ping at all. if i turn off/on the ping backs. My sound interface is a Focusrite 18i6 that works perfect and the drivers are up to date. is ther a way to send you a recording of the ping? - Sergio Lopez Guevara 21 Aug 2017 at 08:03 PM
Hey Sergio,

My apologies for the super late response but if this is still an issue try shooting me sound cloud clip or even youtube. I can try to help you track it down.
- Gary Wright 03 Oct 2017 at 04:22 AM
I took it to Marshall service and changed a board. It was a defective part on that board. Many thanks any way. - Sergio Lopez Guevara 04 Oct 2017 at 02:55 AM
Answers: 0
Loading - please wait...