Marshall Gateway app won’t connect to Code 25

votes

It's always been very hit and miss but the Bluetooth connection of the gateway app to my Code 25 literally never works. Why aren't Marshall doing anything to fix this? Surely can't be difficult. 

asked 15 Mar 2021 at 07:07 PM

Jonathan Howarth
Answers: 6

vote

I got my code 25 a few weeks ago and the bluetooth works really well, even streaming audio from considerable distance while editing patches at the same time.

I have a really cheap Android phone too. Looking in the Gateway app menu tab I have the following settings;

Amp Firmware-Version 1.45 
Amp DSP-Version 1.1
Amp Bluetooth-Version 3.2
Marshall Gateway-Version 1.5.5

Just wondering if you have the same settings.

edited 15 Mar 2021 at 07:32 PM

Joliet Jake (126)

answered 15 Mar 2021 at 07:31 PM

Joliet Jake (126)

vote

Hello  Marco

I suggest you report your issues to   "servicedesk@marshall.com"   give them as much information as you can about your issues, your amp, and versions of the app and firmware etc.

Maybe the more people that report these issues the more chance there is of them being resolved.

answered 24 Mar 2021 at 01:36 PM

Joliet Jake (126)

votes

Me too have some issues with the app Mygateway, i cant save any change using the app, when i press the "save" button the preset rest the same, i have to save trought the amp button, anyone know why?

answered 24 Mar 2021 at 09:35 AM

Marco Scocco

votes

Hello Marco

What phone are you using Android or IOS, I have both and they seem to work OK, although I do use Android mostly.

Do you have the same versions of firmware and phone app as me?

Although bluetooth seems to work really well most of the time I have found a few bugs:

Firstly. every now and then it does disconnect from bluetooth, but not very often. Closing and restarting the app on the phone seems to reconnect.

Secondly, Likewise I have had the app lock up a few times. Once again shutting down and restarting the app seems to fix it.

Thirdly, I had all the text on screen disappear several times. I noticed this was related to screen rotation. When I lock the screen it doesnt happen.

fourthly??  Sometimes when I'm editing a patch on the gateway it unexpectedly jumps to the preset on the amp (as if you had clicked the button in the bottom left hand corner to switch between gateway and the amp preset). It can do this even when you are not touching the phone or the amp.

Fifthly???? sometimes the touch slider graphic is placed in the wrong place and the value is under your finger tip and so you can't see the value until you remove your finger. A bit of a pain if you want to replicate settings from another patch.

Lastly, perhaps related to your issue. Occasionally when I have edited a patch on the phone, when I click save, the settings on the main screen (Gain, Volume, Bass, middle, treble) all revert back to the settings before you began editing. All the other settings Amp and FX do save however. Because of this I take a quick mental note of the settings on the main screen before I click save. Not sure if this is what you see but it is similar.

answered 24 Mar 2021 at 11:04 AM

Joliet Jake (126)

votes

Hi and thank you for the reply! I have an android phone Huawei p20 lite, and the version of the firmware from amp and app both are the latest. Abyway i see in your last point that there is some issues about the saving of edited patches :-(

Also in the Fifth point you write i have found the same issue, in that case i hold tap on the setting and edit it manually :-)

edited 24 Mar 2021 at 01:28 PM

Marco Scocco

answered 24 Mar 2021 at 01:26 PM

Marco Scocco

votes

Hi everybody

It seem that problem is with the phone model. I have the same phone Huawei P20 Lite and the app Gateway Marshall won't able to connect with the amp. Although the phone make the bluetooth connection with the amp and I can play music there, the app can't scan the amp and find it. Later, I tried with a Samsung A7 and the app make the connection without problems with access to control panel, effects, cabinets and all kinds of marshalls amps.

answered 09 Apr 2021 at 01:27 AM

Jorge Romaní
Loading - please wait...