Code 50 crashes on preset save.

votes

I have/had a Code 50 that was crashing when I saved a preset. I called Marshall support and they arranged for the amp to be collected. They called me a few days later and said they're experiencing the same issue, but they didn't have the part they need so they sent me a brand new one.

However, I've just received the replacement and it has the same issue. The man I spoke to on the phone said it had been tested before they sent it to me so I re-read the manual to check I wasn't doing anything wrong but I'm certain I'm not. 

I've uploaded a video of the issue to youtube here: 

EDIT: Looks like links aren't allowed. It's at youtube dot com/watch?v=HWUFDVkAN2Y

I've posted this message on here, because I first emailed contactus@marshall.com but didn't receive a response. When I phoned the customer services number the man I spoke to arranged collection straight away which was great but I'm not sure how to proceed now that the replacement also has the same issue.

I love the Marshall brand but I'm not confident I won't have the same issue with another replacement. I can't return it to the retailer either because I first purchased it over a year ago.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

edited 23 Sep 2021 at 01:49 PM

Grant James

asked 23 Sep 2021 at 01:47 PM

Grant James
Answers: 3

votes

Just out of interest have you tried disabling bluetooth, is it the same?

Also have you tried editing and saving via the app on a phone/tablet?

As an engineer, my first suspician would be faulty memory, or an issue related to the process of storing in memory.

answered 23 Sep 2021 at 02:37 PM

Joliet Jake (126)
Yeah, I'm no engineer, but I'm a programmer so I've debugged the issue in every way I can. Tried to save the pre-set in any way possible. With and without a bluetooth device being connected. Also, the replacement is running firmware version 1.45, where as the old version was running v1.44. - Grant James 23 Sep 2021 at 02:39 PM
I found that my code crashes after saving of some specific presets. Some presets are savings with no problem. But anyway it's not very useful information. - Vik Sam 27 Sep 2021 at 02:12 PM

votes

My code 25 is on V1.45 and I don't have any issues so I don't think there is any issue with the newer firmware. Unfortunately then it does seem like a hardware issue on the amp. Maybe there is an issue with dodgy eprom chips as I've heard this issue several times in the forums from different users.

answered 23 Sep 2021 at 04:44 PM

Joliet Jake (126)
Maybe V1.45 fixes this issue but strange thing is that there is no v1.45 version there available for download. - Vik Sam 27 Sep 2021 at 02:14 PM

votes

Just read that this could be an issue with the mainboard of a certain number / series of Codes. Can't confirm this but it was said in another forum. 

answered 26 Sep 2021 at 03:25 PM

Mark Lüttger (32)
Loading - please wait...