Code 25 appears as Headphones in the Bluetooth settings --> Can't pair it !!!

votes

Hi,

I've just received my Code 25 amp today. It sounds good but I cannot pair it with my iPhone

It appears as "Headphones" in the bluetooth settings. When tapping on it, my iPhone says "Pairing failed "Headphones" is not supported". 

I've tried with 4 different iPhones (all up-to-date) and got 4 times the same trouble

I've successfully updated the firmware of my amp (MCU 1.47 / BT: V3.2) but it did not fix the issue.

Can someone help ??

Thanks !

asked 09 Jun 2023 at 08:04 PM

Yo Garbero
Answers: 3

votes

Hi Yo,

You will need to make sure you go into the setting and allow connections,

iOS

From iOS 13 - it requires the user to allow Bluetooth permission in order for the app to access Bluetooth. Without this permission Gateway will not be able to discover and connect to your CODE amp.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 12 Jun 2023 at 01:38 PM

votes

Thanks for the help but the app was already allowed to access bletooth.

The issue comes from the bluetooth pairing, not from the app : the Code is detected as "Headphones" not as "Code". For some reasons it has a bad name. And I can't pair it with my phone. As a consequence, Gateway can't find the amp.

See images. Shall I return it to the sender ?

answered 12 Jun 2023 at 04:41 PM

Yo Garbero
Hi Yo,

CODE amp first appears as "Headphones" but after a short time it should change to "CODE [serial number]". I would wait for "CODE [serial number]" to appear first, before trying to pair with it.

I would suggest trying to pair with CODE using another mobile device just to see if the issue is on the CODE side or on a mobile device side.

I would also try the following:

Try to restart the amp. This would restart the Bluetooth module on the CODE amp.

If that doesn't help, then I would try restarting Bluetooth on a mobile device.
• Turn Bluetooth off -> wait few seconds -> turn Bluetooth on -> wait for "CODE [serial number] to appear -> then try to pair with it.
If that doesn't help, then I would try to restart a mobile device. This should clear the Bluetooth, which could be in a corrupted state.

If that doesn't help, then I would try restarting Bluetooth on the CODE amp.
• Hold REV + POWER buttons while turning the amp on. Then hold STORE button to confirm.
• This clears the last connected device and a list of paired devices.
• Enter the Pairing Mode on CODE amp and try to pair again.

Regards
Marshall Support
- Marshall Amplification 13 Jun 2023 at 09:17 AM

votes

Hi,

I've started all procedures several times and nothing worked :

- CODE still appears as "Heaphones" only.

- I still can pair it.

One new thing appear : after doing for the 3rf or 4th time the procedure for clearing the last connected device, I had the following message : ("Confirmed MCU 1.47  BT:  ??.?". Now when I turn CODE on, it shows BT:0000000000

Any idea to fix the issue ? The code is brand new, just received it from Thomann. Should I return it ? It starts to really bother me...

Thanks for your help

answered 14 Jun 2023 at 06:11 PM

Yo Garbero
I forgot : after I had the "BT:?.??" and "BT:000000000" messages, I've tried to update the firmware again but nothing changed... - Yo Garbero 14 Jun 2023 at 06:13 PM
Hi Yo,

This does not seem right, I would contact them to look at the amplifier for you.

Regards
Marshall Support
- Marshall Amplification 15 Jun 2023 at 07:55 AM
Loading - please wait...