"Gateway has stopped"

votes

Hola

I just updated the firmware and gateway. The app stops on android when you are going to change a parameter within the preset that is on the screen.

It didn´t happen before. Could you fix it?

Thanks so much

asked 27 Sep 2023 at 09:27 AM

Ignacio González (5)
Answers: 3

votes

Hi Ignacio

Which parameter did you change that caused this to happen ?

Also which preset that was?

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 27 Sep 2023 at 09:49 AM

votes

Hello

Any parameter you try to change

Plexified lead, So american,...gain, bass...

Gateway stops and exixts the app with a box that says " gateway has stopped". I´ve got a video. I can send it by email.

On the other hand, the button to vote for pesets has disappeared on the web and gateway.

Thanks for your consideration

answered 27 Sep 2023 at 10:12 AM

Ignacio González (5)
That would be great, can you send to servicedesk@marshall.com

Regards
Marshall Support
- Marshall Amplification 27 Sep 2023 at 10:14 AM

votes

Hi

I have tried  with another android device and the same thing happens.

I have tried to put a new preset of 1.48 version from the cloud and when I pressed it, it did the same.

Plugs in, the turner works and changes the presets stored on the amp very well but the app crashes and closes with the other functions.

It is not able to change the preset that is on the screen for another from the cloud or changes any parameter from an android device.

I hope they fix it as soon as possible.

Excuse me for my English. I think I have explained myself well.  ( Samsung galaxy tab S.   SM-T800 with Android version 6.0.1)

Thank you

edited 27 Sep 2023 at 04:02 PM

Ignacio González (5)

answered 27 Sep 2023 at 04:00 PM

Ignacio González (5)
Thank you for all the information, we will try to resolve this issue as soon as possible. - Marshall Amplification 28 Sep 2023 at 07:34 AM
We fixed the issue where changing any parameter would cause a crash. This issue happens on Android older than 8.
We are still investigating: "It is not able to change preset that is on the screen for another from the cloud".
- Marshall Amplification 28 Sep 2023 at 07:51 AM
Hello
Thank you very much.
I will try it.
You must understand that it was better to have the previous version of gateway than this one. The previous one worked perfectly even if we didn´t have amore precise tuner.

ONce again, thank you very much
- Ignacio González 28 Sep 2023 at 08:10 AM
We can't find the problem for "It is not able to change preset that is on the screen for another from the cloud". Could you send us a video that shows this issue to email servicedesk@marshall.com, please? - Marshall Amplification 28 Sep 2023 at 09:09 AM
Hi

It is done
- Ignacio González 28 Sep 2023 at 10:03 AM
Thank you for the videos. They help a lot to understand the issue.

We have released Gateway v2.1.5, which should fix the crash caused by changing a parameter.

We will try to fix a crash caused by changing a preset as soon as we can.
- Marshall Amplification 28 Sep 2023 at 10:07 AM
That´s very kind of you. I´m sure you´ll fix it soon. Greetings!
- Ignacio González 28 Sep 2023 at 10:16 AM
You're right, I updated the gateway right now and it works!!! The problem of changing presets in the cloud persists.
Thank you
- Ignacio González 28 Sep 2023 at 10:29 AM
We have been able to reproduce your second issue on Android 5, where selecting any cloud preset crashed the app. The fix has been released to Gateway v2.1.6 and should be available soon. Hopefully that resolves all your issues! - Marshall Amplification 28 Sep 2023 at 11:58 AM
it runs great with the last v2.1.6!!! Thank you so much for your time and attention. - Ignacio González 28 Sep 2023 at 02:02 PM
Loading - please wait...