ELI5...getting Official/user presets from mymarshall.com into Gateway/onto amp

votes

I've only had my Code 25 for a few weeks now and finally updated the firmware yesterday. Wondering where the promised '13 new presets' were (still only the original 99 on the Code), I started poking around here. Here I've found the 13 new official presets, as well as some other user made ones I'm interested in.  But as stated in the subject, I need some help.

First, I chose the Add to My Library Option.  Here on the desktop , I see 11 tones (wrong number, but not the biggest issue) have been added to My Library. But when I actually look in the Gateway, again, it's the same original 99 tones.  I don't see any of the new ones anywhere. So I'm obviously not able to get these via Gateway right now.

Via the cable, I'm able to sample these new presets. I choose individual presets from the website, load them on the Code (one at a time) and hear what they sound like. But turn the amp off and on and they're gone again. I've tried synching, but that doesn't seem to change anything.

Things seem to be working mostly the way they're supposed to. But I'm clearly missing a finally step or two. I'd like to get at least some of these new (Official/User) presets into my Gateway and onto my Amp. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. Clearly, the simpler the explanation the better.

I'd appreciate any assistance. If appropropriate, feel free to call me 'Dummy', 'Idiot' whathave you.

asked 29 Jan 2018 at 07:26 PM

Brian Fox (1)
I just got mine having the same issue, but i noticed you send the preset from the website to your amp, then you have to overwrite an existing preset (preferably one you dont want) by holding down that quick store button. This will overwrite whatever is in the gateway with the new preset. - mario na 29 Jan 2018 at 08:21 PM
That will be the next thing I try then. I appreciate the thought.

Is this the point at which they are actually in Gateway? Do you happen to know what it means they’re listed in My Library, when they’re not actually in my Gateways Library?
- Brian Fox 29 Jan 2018 at 08:31 PM
Answers: 2

vote

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your message, to get the new presets you will need to do a Factory Reset, to do this you need to make sure your unit is switched off, while hold the AMP button turn the Amp on, when asked hold Store/Exit, and you should see the new 13 presets.

When the preset is in My Library, you need to add it to your My Gateway overwriting presets already in your Gateway Library, as the Gateway can only hold 100 Presets.

Marshall Support

answered 30 Jan 2018 at 09:24 AM

Mr./Ms. Support...thank you. I appreciate the answer. Yesterday, I was eventually able to get a few on there individually, but it took awhile. I understand what you're saying about the Gateway being limited to 100, but that restriction isn't on the Amp? Meaning, doing it the way you suggest I'll have all 113 loaded onto the Amp? And will be able to scroll past 100 on the Amp proper? But then will need to re-order the Presets in the Gateway any I want to make sure make sure I have my Top 100 in there? Or doing it the way you suggest will automatically overwrite 13 already on the amp? And I'd just need to re-name those in the Gateway? Thanks again.

Also, the process of moving (as you suggest) a Preset from Library to my Gateway isn't clear. It's obviously already been added to my Library. There's an option to send it to the Amp (when connected). But I see no option to add to My Gateway? What am I missing?
- Brian Fox 30 Jan 2018 at 05:29 PM

vote

Hi Brian,

Thank for your reply, in the My Gateway on our My Marshall site, you will see the presets at the bottom of the page in the libarary, you can then drag and drop the presets into your Gateway, you will then need to sync on your phone to get the presets on your device.

Marshall Support

answered 31 Jan 2018 at 09:01 AM

Thank you, again. I look forward to trying this and appreciate the help. - Brian Fox 31 Jan 2018 at 02:34 PM
Thanks, again. This worked. I do wish this was all a little bit more intuitive, but sincerely appreciate you folks are here to help.

Get the bluetooth connection straightened out and we're very good.
- Brian Fox 31 Jan 2018 at 08:48 PM
Loading - please wait...