Code 50 connectivity to iPhone SE

votes

Hi all,

Along with a number of people on here it seems, I am having trouble with the Marshall Gateway App, which won't seem to connect to my Code 50 amp.

It worked first time round when I set it up, but now, a couple of weeks later, it won't connect. The phone says its connected and I can play music through it (when playing You Tube it comes out of the amp) but the gateway app says its not connected.

Unlike a few people on here, I can scan for amps and click the connect button, but with my phone sat on the amp, it just says 'connecting..." forever and ever and it doesn't. Why??!!

I've tried unconnecting and reconnecting the app on my phone as is recommended and switching the amp on and off but no joy.

Can anyone help and has anybody else had the same problem and managed to fix it?

Many thanks 

Craig 

edited 02 May 2020 at 12:08 PM

Craig Gravil

asked 02 May 2020 at 12:05 PM

Craig Gravil
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your message,  can you confirm you have the latest firmware update on your Code unit , also can you confirm which IOS version you have on your Apple device.

If you can, please send all the details to servicedesk@marshall.com

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 04 May 2020 at 07:41 AM

how do you update firmware? - linh tran 13 May 2020 at 02:29 PM
Go to the support tab on this page you will see a tab called Firmware, you can follow instructions from there to help.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 14 May 2020 at 08:26 AM

votes

Hi Craig,

Same issue here. Here are some useful tips that quoted from Marshall Bluetooth Connection Troubleshooting:

Dropped Connection

If your Gateway should lose connection to CODE, then it will immediately start trying to reconnect. This doesn’t usually require any intervention from you although moving your device closer to CODE will ensure a stronger signal.

Check that the blue light is still showing on your CODE unit. This indicates that the standard Bluetooth connection is still present and it is just the Gateway connection that needs to be re-established.

If the blue light goes out indicating that the basic Bluetooth connection has also dropped then DO NOT press the Bluetooth pairing buttons. This will clear your pairing and require you to repeat the pairing process (see ‘Resetting Connection’ below).

Instead, turn the CODE unit off and on again and follow the instructions for ‘Reconnecting for a New Session’.

If a connection is not automatically re-established, despite re-booting CODE, then check out the Troubleshooting section below.

Another guess on this matter is due to iPhone bluetooth glitches. The quick fix is to enable AirPlane mode and turn it off. :)

Best regards,

Clem

answered 14 May 2020 at 05:20 PM

Clem Harvey
Loading - please wait...