Marshall Gateway Nada!

votes

Absolutely can not get the Marshall Gateway app to work with my Marshall Code 50. I have found the device (amp) on both my Galaxy S7 Edge and IPad Bluetooth settings. I have been able to pair them both to the amp. I get a prompt to use the code to pair the device. I hit ok.  When running the app it says not connected even though I am. The amp Bluetooth light is solid though the app says not connected. None of the app parameters effect the signal. Am I missing something simple here? Ive registered the amp and loaded new firmware update. 

asked 22 Nov 2016 at 09:12 PM

Scott Martinson
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Scott,

Try disconnecting your devices from everything and try connecting only one device. Follow the instructions below to see if it connects OK

close the app
delete it from your recently viewed app's
unpair with Bluetooth
turn the amp off

turn the amp back on
click on 'Rev and Power' on the amp and a blue light should start flashing
go back into your Bluetooth settings and pair with the amp
go into the app
on the left hand side of the app there should be a red tab that says connect
click on connect

Team Marshall

answered 23 Nov 2016 at 10:18 AM

Team Marshall: Your answer is BS! There is no little red tab that says connect! Actually do some work and solve the problem instead of submitting pre-determined answers from a book! This is becoming more than a joke - I bet the boys at Fender must be loving all the new Marshall customers they are getting !!
- Stephen Henwood 25 Feb 2017 at 01:27 PM
If you are trying to connect to both devices then you need to ensure you are 'forgetting the device' before connecting to one device.
If the steps above are not working then as a last resort we would suggest the following -

Turn off the CODE
Close the Gateway app and delete it from your device
Clear any stored data if you have your device set to retain it after app delete
ANDROID - settings-> Apps-> Gateway-> Tap on the 'storage' line-> Tap 'clear data' and then 'clear cache'
Then open your bluetooth settings and forget the pairing to CODE
ANDROID - settings-> Bluetooth-> tap the cog icon next to your CODE under 'paired devices' -> tap 'forget'

The CODE can only be connected to one device at a time, so if you are switching from one device to another, you must unpair and forget.
- Marshall Amplification 27 Feb 2017 at 09:36 AM
Loading - please wait...