CODE 50 USB to MacBook & Headphone Out

votes

Hello-

Bought a second-hand CODE 50 and really love its flexibility when paired with the app.

I've tried recording by mic'ing it up with a SM57  but found the cabinet/speaker to be a little rattley and couldn't determine the source.

That led me to explore USB to DAW, unfortunately my brand new, and ten year old MacBooks both do not see the amp, and I cannot update thr Firmware via browser, per the instructions.

As a last ditch effort I went 1/8th" stereo cable out to L/R RCA with 1/4" adapters to get into my DAWs LINE-INs and pan hard left and right.

Works works great, but my question is - does the CODE 50 send a stereo signal from the headphone out? -and should I be running to hard panned inputs to capitalize on a stereo image? 

Also, any remedy for connecting via USB to my MacBook to at least update the firmware? 

Thx! 

asked 15 Oct 2023 at 06:08 AM

Hugh Meeks
Answers: 1

votes

All I know is that there are no stereo effect built into the amp, so it is a mono output.

The 1/8" headphone output is stereo (i.e. Left and Right outputs), but they both carry the same signal so overal a mono signal. When recording I only record one output into my DAW.

Generally to get a good sound, like most people you would want to record any guitar parts twice on 2 seperate mono tracks and pan 1 full left and the other full right. This will give you a much fuller sound than recording both the L and R tracks at the same time.

Sorry, I don't have a Mac so can't answer your questions about that.

answered 21 Oct 2023 at 09:07 AM

Joliet Jake (126)
Loading - please wait...