Using an extremal 8ohm Axe Trak insulated speaker speaker on the 16ohm output on my Marshall JTM 60

votes

I have an Axe Trak insulated speaker (here is a link to info on the speaker) www.axetrak.com/guitarmanual.pdf

When I have run it from the Marshall it has cut out after playing for a while, I have turned off the amp and then the following day used the amp with its built in 12" speaker and it has been fine. When i read the JTM 60 manual it said it is fine to drive a 8ohm from the external speaker output ONLY, not the internal out connection.

Is this OK? when things cut out it makes me worry about my Marshall and I really don't want to cause it any damage.... Also I have checked the speaker lead and that is all good, when it cut out it the sound broke up and faded in about 1 second. It is the 2nd time is has happened so i thought I best get some advice. The Axe Trak is great and means i can play a valve amp and get valve amp tone and not disturb my neighbours, it is a great bit of kit for home recording and I want/need to be able to use it. Any advice?

Thanks, Robin..

edited 16 Jun 2018 at 12:48 AM

Robin Brown

asked 16 Jun 2018 at 12:36 AM

Robin Brown
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Robin,

The JTM60  should run a 8ohm load using the 8ohms speaker socket on the back of the amplifier, remerbering to disconnect the internal speaker. We are not sure as to why it would cut out, but if it does it again we would recommend that you have the amplifier looked at.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 21 Jun 2018 at 07:45 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Loading - please wait...