Origin 20 Very Low/No Output - Potential Power Section Issue

vote

Hello,

I am a recent ower of a Marshall Origin 20, which I got in July. I've really enjoyed the amp until I plugged in last night and got out absolutely no sound out of it. I couldn't figure out why, as nothing as happened to it and it worked fine two days ago. I took it apart to do some trouble shooting and found that when I have all the knobs max'd and output on 20 watts, I can hear a whisper of my guitar signal (nicely saturated, presumably by the preamp tubes) through the speaker. This sound is affected by all of the knobs. However, if I plug my guitar directly into the return of the effects loop, and activate the effects loop I get no sound whatsoever; no guitar, no hum, nothing. Because of this, I'm sure my speaker is not the problem. These things led me to think it was a power amp section issue, so I went down and purchased a new set of matched EL34's, threw them in there, and nothing changed. I'd really like to know if there's anything I can do to fix this, because this amp is not even a year old and I should not be having these kinds of problems with completely normal bedroom use.

Thanks,

Alex

asked 12 Sep 2020 at 06:27 PM

Alex Peters (1)
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Alex,

We would recommennd that you have your ORI20 looked at by a qualified engineer, as it should still be under warranty we recommend that you contact the dealer it was purchased through.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 15 Sep 2020 at 11:03 AM

I am having the same issue.
- Matthew Welsh 04 Jul 2021 at 09:00 PM
Loading - please wait...
This site uses cookies to improve your experience. By continuing we assume that you're ok for us to store cookies on your device. You can change your cookie settings at any time, or delete cookies, by going to our cookie consent page.