Questions
Showing results 2941 to 2960 of 3919

votes

answer

views

hello,

I’m having problem with my CODE25 amp knobs( bass, treble, volume, gain, middle) like whenever i change bass , treble or anyother knobs changes by itself by 0.1-0.2 . And while changing one  knob, another knob presets values flickers in between. 

I want to know if anyone else having the same issue or there is problem with my amp or its a firmware glitch..

please help me...

asked 20 Mar 2018 at 11:36 PM

nishant verma

votes

answers

views

Hey all - new to the forums, new to Marshall amps and had a few questions about the Code 50 I just ordered that will be here in a day or so.  I have played my guitars through my buddy's Code 50 and am familiar with editing the patches, tweaking the tones and getting the sounds that I want from the amp to fit my playing style.  What I am not familiar with is the use of footswitch and any Midi capabilities it may have.

1) Can one use just a regular on/off type of old school footswitch to turn an effect or amp on/off or initiate a patch change?  I have several old school footswitches I have successfully used on many different amps, albeit older amps, and it has always worked.  Curious since the Marshall footswitch actually holds presets if anything like that would work.

2) As far as Midi goes, I come from a Line6 multi-effects world and know that many of their multi-effect units have the capability to control effects on/off/parameters and patch/bank switching via Midi commands.  Does the Code software have anything like that if hooked up to a PC/Mac running a DAW that has the capability to send midi control commands to change patches/effects realtime during recording/playback.

Thanks for any input and excited to get this amp.  I am a player of over 30 years and have only ever played through Crate amps for the past 20+ years that have finally given up and the cost to repair is more than new.  Bash Crate all you want but they were loud and proud and with the right EQ/effects loops made some damn good musical sounds.

asked 20 Mar 2018 at 03:04 AM

Billy Nab

votes

answers

views

Hello,

I use  a Marshall DSL 40 C and i would like to have an extension with one  Marshall 1960 AV. 

On the Marshall 1960 AV ,  connections are  : -1 x 4 ohm imput or 8 ohms right

-  1 x 16 ohms imput or 8 ohms left

- a selector for Mono or Stereo

I read that he DSL40C can drive either 1x16 ohms ,1x8 ohm or 2x 16ohm cabinets.  

My  questions are  : 

Can  I use the internal speaker and the external cabinet together  ? . I know that to use only the DSL 40 C , the connection is on the 1 x 16 ohms socket.

I have only  one cabinet , which selector position is correct ? Mono or stereo.

Which connections are correct  ?

Thanks for your help .

Regards

Fred

asked 19 Mar 2018 at 07:51 PM

frederic GAVANT

votes

answers

views

Hello,

when will be ready update for Marshall CODE with fix of very big latency in switch presets?

our Marshall CODE is unusable for this issue

thank You for answer

MASAKR

asked 19 Mar 2018 at 09:10 AM

Vitezslav Budnikov

votes

answer

views

whats the best option to use preamp pedals with marshall code 25?

asked 19 Mar 2018 at 06:41 AM

kojie inada

votes

answer

views

Hello, WiseOnes...While powering up my JVM 410c with various effect pedals (some are daisy chained/9v, one is powered by an 18v adapter), while the amp is in standby mode, I get this squeal, like a howl from hell, that sounds like my amp is being consumed from the inside out...(okay, I exaggerated a little...) but it sounds horrible. After a while, it recedes, then goes away...at first I thought it was like some type of random radio/tv signal being picked up somehow, but I don't know. I'm probably doing something stupid with the pedals, right? HELP!!! Thanks, you guys!

asked 18 Mar 2018 at 08:40 PM

Vincent McCauley

votes

answer

views

No automatic bluetooth connection after firmware update.

Please solve this problem.

Or support firmware rollback!

asked 18 Mar 2018 at 11:38 AM

Jay Jo (3)

votes

answer

views

Does the Code 50 have looping capabilities? If so, how do you access it?

asked 17 Mar 2018 at 04:29 PM

Kevin Towns (35)

votes

answers

views

How can I check which version of firmware is loaded on my Code 25 bought in March 2018?

asked 16 Mar 2018 at 10:17 PM

Stephen Garside

votes

answers

views

Hallo, 

I have a Marshall TSL100 from 1998. I have watch a video on youtube recently where a guy swaps his main board wich for TSL original is issue 6 I think and puts on issue 20. So my question is can I maybe buy such board direct from the factory in Milton Keynes UK and what will cost if it’s possible at all?

asked 16 Mar 2018 at 02:39 PM

Stanislav Hvarkov

votes

answer

views

How to best use external pedal (Blaskstar HT Metal distortion pedal) with Code 50 amp? 

asked 16 Mar 2018 at 09:11 AM

MD. Aminul Islam

votes

answer

views

Hello from Ukraine, Marshall team!

Can you add in the next update, if it will, fuzz the pedal or create a preset with fuzz sound. Thank you and apologize for my English.

asked 15 Mar 2018 at 08:42 PM

Yuri Nechyporuk

votes

answers

views

Using the the Fx Loop with my Boss GT-100 via the four cable method, can I put the Overdrive, Comp, Wah, etc., effects before the Code 100 preamp and the Delay, Reverb, Chorus, etc., effects after the preamp and before the power amp and the cabinet? In affirmative case, these functions (preamp, power amp and cabinet) remain available?

asked 15 Mar 2018 at 07:12 PM

Carlos Naldoni

votes

answer

views

Hello!  I have a Marshall DSL40c, which I absolutely love.  I swapped the speaker out for a Celestion Vintage 30 (16 ohm) a little over a year ago, and it sounds great.  However, I recently got a lower wattage tube amp (Vox AC4TV) and have been running it through the DSL40c (basically using the DSL as a speaker cab, with the power chord disconnected). 

So here's the problem:  After 2 days of using this configuration, the DSL has started making a sound when I play the vox through its speaker.  The best way I can describe the sound is that it is like a tabmourine, like those little metal disks jingling together.  It does this on certain notes, like the open low E string, or a C chord, but not on other notes like a B chord (i.e. 1 fret away).

When I run the the Vox alone through its internal speaker - no issues at all.  When I run the DSL amp section alone through it's vintage 30, no tambourine sounds, although it seems that the green clean channel is lower volume than it used to be (the other 3 channels seem to me the same volume as normal).  There is also some instability in the volume (goes in and out, but in a sublte way).  There is some clicking and popping when I first fire it up, but this stops after it has been on for a while so not sure if this is normal or not.

I have been looking up reasons why amps may rattle, but everything I am finding describes issues with the tubes that are being played through - my issue seems to be a bit different, since the rattling (tambourine jingle) sound I am hearing seems to be coming from the Marshall when I am not using its tubes (playing through the Vox as a head).

Is it possible that a tube has gone bad in the Marshall, and when I play the Vox through the Marshall's speaker, the vibration is rattling the broken tube and making this tambourine sound?  Would a reduction in the volume of the green clean channel imply it is a preamp tube vs power amp tube (since the other channels are unaffected?)

Thanks for any help you can offer.  I don't mind taking it in to a tech, but I have read a lot of posts of people who took their amps to techs and had tubes changed, etc. and the problem persisted.  I want to have a pretty good idea of the problem before I start investing in having it fixed.

Thanks!

asked 15 Mar 2018 at 03:12 PM

David Halaney

votes

answer

views

Hello!

I just bought a Code 100 head and a cabinet.  I want to use the head in a smaller room to learn more about it, using headphones or a MG15CFR,. Can I plug in the head to the input?  As the cabinet is rather heavy its really hard to move it to another place than my "studio".

asked 14 Mar 2018 at 10:27 PM

Peter Ahlqvist

votes

answers

views

After the sparking and smoke, it fried some wire's inside and fried a circuit board!!! Should  I just start over with the new Code!!! I love my old head, but cost is a consideration! Thanks for your outlook !!!

asked 13 Mar 2018 at 11:39 AM

Stephen Strittmatter

votes

answers

views

I've been enjoying my Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth Speaker for 5 years and it has suddenly stopped working properly a few weeks ago. When turned on, the red power light is coming on but there is no sound coming out, either when pairing via the Bluetooth connection or the Input source using the audio cable. I can hear a very low buzz sound which stay at the same volume level (even when turning the volume up). The speaker connects to Bluetooth but I can't get no sound out of it. Have tried with my Mackbook Pro and iPhone. I also have a Marshall Acton speaker which works perfectly. Any idea what's wrong with the Stanmore? Thanks.

asked 12 Mar 2018 at 03:18 PM

Benoit Lebel

votes

answer

views

Greetings from Vienna!

I have this amp since 4 years and the problem is, that the volume control knob is way too sensitive in the low level. Even if I turn it a 1/2 mm up the volume jumps from too weak too much too loud.

As I am using this amp in the studio for rehearsing and use a mic , it is allways a problem of volume. The others go directly into the PA not using the loudspeaker. As I cannot play mine at low volume it is too loud and disturbing the others.

Please advice

best regards

Gerhard

DSL

asked 12 Mar 2018 at 01:25 PM

Gerhard Winter

votes

answers

views

I picked up a Code 50 last week so far I love it and the possibilities it offers.  Only issue I have had is when the Bluetooth is connected to my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) if I get the phone too close to the amp I get a weird digital rattling sound coming from the amp.  I have not tried to see if same issue happens with my Android tablet though.  Has anyone one else had this problem or know the cause?

asked 12 Mar 2018 at 08:45 AM

charles turner

votes

answer

views

Where please Marshall Gateway for Android 4.2.2 ???

Latest version is for Android 4.4 and later and in Internet i find old version Marshall Gateway 1.2.6 only  - this version crashed after start :-(

Thang You

asked 12 Mar 2018 at 05:20 AM

Vladimír Sladký
Showing results 2941 to 2960 of 3919
Loading - please wait...