Questions
Showing results 2961 to 2980 of 3919

vote

answers

views

In case Marshall decides to do another round of Codes, or for people that want to buy one, here is my bottom line after dealing with this thing for a few years. I had Line 6 experience and wanted a simpler all-in-one modeling combo with a bluetooth app that could do hard rock. The Katana looked like a toy so I bought this.

PROS: Solid construction. Looks great. Good range of amps and effects. Bluetooth app is very good and can tune every parameter. Tones can be downloaded and backed up to/from Marshall site. Amp can sound very good (after a lot of tweaking). The Plexi, American OD, JTM Crunch and Acoustic amps are good. The Guv’nor, Compressor, Chorus, noise gate and all the delays and reverbs are useable. Marshall has done sufficient software updates to correct early issues (bluetooth, tones, bugs). Can be used at bedroom volume with Master on ‘1’. Optional footswitch gives good control. Documentation is good. Updater software on PC works well.

CONS: Other than those mentioned above, all the other amps and effects are bad. This includes the JCM800, JVM and Silver Jubilee. All the cabs are bad. None of the stock patches are usable. You have to make your own. There are user uploaded patches you can try but very few are usable. Learning curve is significant. The amp is too loud. When you turn up from bedroom level to louder, the sounds change and become very boomy which should not happen with a modeling amp. No effects loop. The ‘out’ is a mini USB. Connecting to a computer requires a mini USB to USB or Lightning cable, which is not included. I tried to use the USB to record to Garageband and sound came out but I couldn’t make it sound good. The footswitch also has a learning curve, and like other people I had to have mine replaced. 

ADVICE: Don’t buy it. I bought my Code 50 new from Sweetwater for $299 and now the same version of the amp is $399. If you must have a Code, get the 25 instead. It is cheaper and still absurdly loud. The higher volume available in the 50 is useless because it sounds bad. The extra hundred bucks just gets you painfully loud solid state power amp watts. 

If you do get a Code, upgrade all the firmware immediately. You need to connect to a computer to do this, but first you have to find the cable on Amazon. This is unforgivable.

BOTTOM LINE: I have spent too many hours tweaking the Code. This is what I hated about Line 6. But the Line 6 tones were superior. I never got a good JCM 800 sound out of the Code, after hundreds of hours of work. It’s only “great” amp sim, oddly, is the American OD. Marshall’s own Classic Metal patch uses this, not a “Marshall” sim! The Code is marketed as Marshall technology with amp sims created by Marshall, but it is not. Softube created the software and tones. This is not a Marshall amp. Line 6 Marshall sims are far better.

I have now bought a tube amp. I am keeping the Code because I have mastered it and can practice on it but I would not buy it again, certainly not for $399.

edited 11 Feb 2023 at 01:42 PM

Tom Joyce (1)

asked 11 Feb 2023 at 01:42 PM

Tom Joyce (1)

votes

answers

views

Hi, is there preset that quasi simulate sound of Sunn O))) ? Or how make that sound?

asked 04 Feb 2022 at 09:53 PM

Daniel Janík

votes

answers

views

I have code 100 and I got (DigiTech Trio+) and I would like to know

how to connect them together properly 

I'm not sure if they work together or not???

asked 06 Jan 2022 at 04:27 AM

khaled elnakash

vote

answers

views

Hi

does anyone has the settings for greta van fleet?

Code 25

asked 09 Dec 2018 at 10:13 PM

martin pees (1)

votes

answers

views

asked 26 May 2017 at 04:12 AM

Denis Roa

votes

answer

views

Hello!

I know how to connect one to another and I am using my Boss GT-100 as pre-amp connected to the FX return Left channel in the amp. But is seems that the sound is affected by the amp and gets messy , bad quality sound, mix of difrente sounds, idk. I only want to use the sound from the GT-100.

The best way I found to fix this was to put my amp in a clean amp and turn of all the delays, reverbs, chorus, etc for that amp preset. If anyone has some advice how to make the sound better using a modeling amp I would be very pleased! ? ? ?

I also have the GT-100 output to bypass.

Thank you and sorry for the long text! ? ? ?

edited 15 May 2021 at 04:53 PM

Kevin Jones

asked 06 May 2021 at 02:54 PM

Kevin Jones

votes

answers

views

I suddenly have this problem with my Code 50 and my Lenovo tablet. It did work with the Gateway app until today, and it is connected via bluetooth and it will play music from the tablet, but the Gateway app doesn't even see the amp. I tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, clearing the cache and storage, no joy. Oddly, it works fine still from my LG phone.

asked 28 Mar 2021 at 04:16 AM

Barry Rich (1)

votes

answers

views

My Marshall code 50 is too loud … how do I fix it?

asked 03 Feb 2021 at 08:54 PM

Michael Jackson

votes

answer

views

Hello !

I have a Code 50 and I use the Gateway to play, but it does'nt stay connected. For half an hour of playing,  I have to reconnect 4-5 times. Do you know why ?

(The Code is the only Bluetooth connection in my phone).

Thank you !

JFG

asked 13 Sep 2020 at 08:41 PM

Jeff Gascon

votes

answers

views

After looking through patches here, cannot seem to find any straight up good 5150 style sounds. I figure it would start with American OD preamp, but the Jubilee seems like a good option too. Any help would be appreciated,  thanks!

asked 28 Jul 2018 at 10:55 PM

Matt Williams

votes

answers

views

For those who gig with their marshall codes! Do you use any external pedals? Not so much wah or additional effects more along the lines of a booster pedal? 

Great to hear what people’s set ups are like! 

asked 09 Oct 2017 at 07:13 PM

luke shettle (2)

votes

answer

views

Hello, I just bought the CODE25 amplifier but I need the user manual in Spanish, how can I get it?

asked 26 May 2020 at 05:34 PM

hector oliva

votes

answer

views

is there a 12 string preset

asked 07 Oct 2018 at 12:44 AM

david duarte

votes

answers

views

how do I play over a part that I have looped .?

asked 10 Jun 2018 at 11:38 PM

joe rodriguez

votes

answer

views

is it possible to save differents preset on the same bank  of the switchfoot instent to use just one and switch  from delay to distorcion? ..for example... i found a very good distorcion preset of nirvana but doesn't have a clear sound on it, and another nirvana preset which has a good clear sound but not good distorcion, i would like to save one of them in bank A1 and the otherone in A2...is that possible?...many thanks

asked 17 Feb 2021 at 11:11 PM

Mirko Calabrese

votes

answer

views

Haw can I connect a second IPad. When I connect, My Marshall saids my account allready exist ?

iOS

asked 15 Oct 2020 at 03:44 PM

Vincent Aldea

votes

answers

views

Hi, I'm in Canada and I am seeing 2 different listings and model numbers for the Origin 20 combo on Amazon.ca. Whats the difference between M-ORI20C ($679.99) and M-ORI20CU ($690.46 * this is the one listed on Amazon.com in the USA)? Is it that the CU model has a darker(black) grill cloth?

Thanks 

Pete

asked 30 Sep 2020 at 04:16 AM

Pete Monette

votes

answers

views

Yes, I've read the many questions of the same nature on the forum, and performed all the suggested actions. None of them have been successful.  I've seen many questions similar to mine, and only a few who have been able to make it work... and of those who did, their solutions didn't work for me.

When I connect my amp to my phone's bluetooth, it will pair for audio with no problems.  I can play audio through the amp.  When I open Gateway, there is no "red button" prompting me to connect.  When I tap on the CODE tab in the menu, it says "Not connected" and when I tap on the green "Scan for apps" button, nothing happens.

It will connect to my Samsung tablet with no issues.

Here are the steps I have tried:
Factory reset on the amp.
Unpair  and forget the amp in my phone's bluetooth settings.

Uninstall the app from my phone after clearing the cache and the data.

Update the firmware on the amp (the browser window said I was up to date but I installed the latest firmware anyway.)

What else can I do?  I don't want to return the amp because it sounds great, but not having the amp controls on my phone is a deal breaker.

asked 26 Sep 2020 at 06:59 AM

Jeremy Stroop

votes

answer

views

Hi

Do you think this is Jim Marshall's signature in my amp? Ta Adam

asked 09 Oct 2018 at 02:30 PM

Adam Winkler

votes

answer

views