Questions
Showing results 3101 to 3120 of 3915

votes

answers

views

my code worked ok with my galaxy 5 but i got a new moto z running android 7.1.1 and it will connect to bluetooth but will not  connect in gateway. when i push scan for amps it never finds the code amp and yes i pushed the bluetooth buttons on the amp.  in the gateway app the in the bottom left corner the amp/phone icon is missing for switching from amp to phone presets. the screen has the blue preset shown but the library has them in yellow.  the worst part is that the display on the code amp is not working. it is barely readable. just yellow with the black barely visable. so without being able to program it using the display it doesn't work with my phone either.  i have owned a lot of marshalls and still have a bunch but i have never been so dissapointed as i am with this piece of crapp. can't use it live because of the dropouts when switching channels and yea i know about using the same amps and settings in all the presets but that is unaceptable. i have the footswitch and thats a disaster too. one little slip like accidently pushing two buttons at the same time or too fast or twice freezes the amp or reprograms it. yea really cool turning it off and back on in the middle of a song.  i tried using it live once and it was a disaster. never again. so i love the tone for recording but now i can't even do that because it wont connect bluetooth and the display is almost dead so i can't program it.

asked 15 Dec 2017 at 06:23 PM

ken nechvatal

votes

answers

views

Hello Marshall Team,

I traid pairing with iPhon7 ios 11.2, this works well, can use gateway app with success.

If I switch off BT on my Iphone and later switch on BT, BT connection establishes again and gateway app works.

If I switch off power code25 and later switch power on again, BT connection doesn't come back, no blue led on code25.

According FAQ BT should come back on code25 with same pairing code to re-estrablish the previously paired BT connection.

As workaround I have to delete the BT Device from my iPhone and start BT on code25 (keys REV/POWER on code25) with new pairing.

Is this a known issue ?

please let me know. I have already updated to last FW 1.11/1.41

Thanks and best regards,

Peter

asked 14 Dec 2017 at 07:00 PM

Peter B (2)

votes

answers

views

When I try to load preset from code to pc, there is:  Error while decoding sysex: Error_Bad_Device_ID.  How can I fix it?

asked 14 Dec 2017 at 05:31 PM

Ilya Bychkov

votes

answer

views

Is it possible to reset the footswitch to factory settings?

asked 14 Dec 2017 at 02:33 AM

Michael Black

votes

answers

views

Hi, I got my Code 100h today and I want to use my FX board (Line 6 Firehawk FX) with the FX loop of the code. I used the 4-cable method and triple checked that the wiring and routing is correct... 

Guitar to the input of the firehawk.  FX send of the firehawk to the guitar input of the Code. FX send of the Code to firehawk FX return. Line output of the firehawk to the Code‘s FX return. Placed the FX loop in the firehawk routing.

However, the Code‘s FX loop doesn‘t seem to work. No FX from the firehawk. I cant find a mix option or FX loop activation within the Code. 

Any ideas?

Best,

Arne.

asked 13 Dec 2017 at 09:45 PM

Arne Buxbom (1)

votes

answers

views

As a recent Marshall code 25 user how long has the bluetooth pairing problem when turning the amp off been goinig on is it when the amp was released or after a firmware update the reason i ask this is i am considering returning the amp if this has been an ongoing problem with no resolution in sight ?

asked 13 Dec 2017 at 08:50 PM

Barry Britten

votes

answers

views

Does anyone recommend a preset, or have a list of settings?

asked 13 Dec 2017 at 05:35 AM

bf tx

votes

answer

views

Any feedback welcomed, Pawn Shopping today,Marshall mc100 combo, no $tag , the guy said 🤔I think it’s around $400 . All I am concerned with is tone , dependability, and possible defects consistent in these short lived series I find very little information on 

thank you for your time 🤘🏼

asked 12 Dec 2017 at 12:07 PM

Scotty Ethridge

votes

answer

views

Hello. 

I have a little problem. I play a rocktron voodoo valve preamp with a marshal EL34 100/100 power amp. 
The sound is really amazing.  He is very rich but not artificial like other rack elements. 
It sounsds like a more precise amp head. 

The only thing I don't like so much is one frequency in the highs.  Whatever I do this frequency is already there.  Not that she sounds harsh... But a little bit brittle sounding highs. 

I think it's perhaps the typicaly British EL34 touch ?

Anyway.... I play metal (lamb of god,  god forbid,  pantera,  alice in chains stuff .....
I know everybody's here will say "change the tube for 6L6" 😂

But I'm not a big fan of 6L6 ...too dirty Mids and not bluesy enough (I love playing blues and for that the EL34 are awesome. )

After many researches I read that KT77 tubes could be a good alternative for me...EL34 sound with the lows of 6L6 , more nuanced Mids and beautifull highs... Not brittle like EL34's. 

So here is my question. What do you think about that.  Is here anyone that tried and compare these 3 power tubes? 
What do u have to expect? 

'Scuse my English.... I'm french and I do my best ^^

Thanks to everyone here.  

asked 11 Dec 2017 at 07:08 PM

GUEBLE Michael

votes

answer

views

Hi all

I’ve recently purchased a code 50 and I’m fairly happy with it but not 100%. 

I do have a issue with the delicate volume control, which has been raised by a few people on here - but I can live with that.

My main problem is some notes sound real muffled when I kick in any thing over a clean present. I seem to be loosing clarity on a distorted chord especially the low end and even more so around the 12th fret. This is made even worse when using the bridge pickup. 

So a power chord on the 12 sounds ok when picked but as a chord, by the strike of the D string there’s hardly anything there.

I’ve tried the speaker and headphones but all feel the same. I playing a Gibson SG straight in with no other effects. 

Does any one have any suggestions? 

I’ll try and put up some recording, as I don’t have any other guitars or amps to compare against. 

asked 10 Dec 2017 at 08:49 PM

shane robinson

votes

answers

views

Dear Marshall,

Many thanks for the CODE product. The sound is generaly decent. However, there is still a big room for improvement on it. Can we expect that you are working on this in the upcoming firmware updates?

Also, it would be a great idea to put a "poll" for the users to vote on which amps need the most enhancement :) or even what new amps/cabs to introduce!

Regards!

asked 10 Dec 2017 at 08:44 PM

Nizar Odeh

votes

answer

views

Hello:

I just purchased a Marshall JCM 800 Head and a 1960a cabinet for my office (small space not the best for this set up), but I am very new to marshall amps and heads.

would anyone know which settings on the back of the head to set to?  it is a small space and dont want to mow any down with the volume.  Everytime I switch it off I head a very loud electric 'switch' sound, sort of scary and worries me (dont want to damage the eqipment).  

Any suggestions from anyone.

Thanks so much in advance...

Mark

asked 10 Dec 2017 at 04:50 PM

Mark Scharff

votes

answer

views

I recently just recieved my amp in the mail. I am tryint to get it registered online but cant seem to be able to find the serial number. Some help please?

asked 10 Dec 2017 at 03:42 PM

Zachary Neswick

votes

answer

views

I made precise adjustments for the preset #79 on Marshall Code. I tried many times to share it;  my amp is well plugged to my computer, and each time I try to share my own preset I get this message: "You cannot share this preset, as the settings match an existing Factory Preset." I don't understand because my own adjustments don't match the original Factory Preset...

Has anyone ever had this problem?

asked 10 Dec 2017 at 03:17 PM

Paul Magma

votes

answer

views

I’ve had a pretty trying week with all of the fires going on here in SoCal.  I haven’t played guitar all week because of it.

About 40 minutes ago, I sat down to play, turned on the amp. Plugged in my guitar.

NOT A FUCKING SOUND

IM FINISHED!

This amp is a piece if shit that you should be ashamed as a company for even releasing to the public.  You should be ashamed of yourselves as a company.

The amp will be returned to my online retailer.  I will never feel the same about a Marshall ever again.

asked 10 Dec 2017 at 02:15 AM

Tommy Naccarato (17)

votes

answer

views

Hello

I have a poorly 1967 50 watt plexi amp that needs to be refurbished ..... any ideas? thanks

amp

asked 08 Dec 2017 at 03:41 PM

Sean Brown

votes

answers

views

I am connected to my Code 100H via bluetooth and using Marshall Gateway app and trying to play a song using the playback feature and the song will not play. My music library was found and I can pick the songs ok and they appear in playback, but will not play. I just wonder if this has anything to do with Apple Music?

I am using my Ipad and also tried with my Iphone 7.

Frustrating, please help!

asked 08 Dec 2017 at 02:42 AM

Randy Tilton

votes

answers

views

Hi,

I've modified about 50 presets on my code 50 amp. I have recently installed the gateway app on my android phone and works well with teh amp.

I want to backup al my modified preset from my amp to another place, for instance on my marshall  cloud.

When I connect my phone and the gate way amp and I select to save the preset and make sure that save to libary option is selected I can save the preset. When I logged on the my marshall nothing of the modified names is visible on my marshall. Also when I checked the library on the phone nothing has changed.

I only can see my modified presets when I connect to the amp. (Golden modify buttons)

My question: How can I backup all my modified presets to a cloud or locally on my phone in a easy user friendly way ?

asked 07 Dec 2017 at 12:57 PM

Arie Sterrenburg

votes

answer

views

Is it possible to pair two devices with the same amp? For example my phone and a Nexus tablet? I finally got the Nexus working with the amp, but if I'm going on a gig, I don't want to be lugging around a tablet as well as all my gear.

edited 20 Dec 2017 at 08:08 PM

Chris Davies (12)

asked 06 Dec 2017 at 08:12 PM

Chris Davies (12)

votes

answer

views

Hi, I’m having trouble getting sound from my Marshall Code 50 amp to record on Audacity.

I am running a new, working USB B cable from my Marshall Code 50 to a Dell Latitude 7280 running Windows 10. The computer is able to detect the amp USB input, and I am using the ‘CODE 50 digtal interface’ as my default recording device on both my soundcard and Audacity, however there is no sound output coming from the amp shown on Audacity , when I try to record (sound is produced from the amp’s speakers, however Audacity is not showing or recording any sound output). I am sure that the connection is working and the amp/ computer is not faulty, as I am able to download tone presets from the MyMarshall preset page. I have tried restarting both my laptop and amp multiple times, using different cables, using different USB ports, AND have the newest 1.41 CODE software, newest Audacity software, and newest version of my Intel HD sound drivers, but to no effect. I am on the verge of going insane from this as I have being trying for over 10 hours, and have had no results. This has worked for me previously, as I last recorded to Audacity with all the same settings about a month ago, however it’s simply not working anymore. I need to get it fixed ASAP, as I am due to record tomorrow, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

edited 06 Dec 2017 at 10:54 AM

J S-C

asked 06 Dec 2017 at 10:47 AM

J S-C
Showing results 3101 to 3120 of 3915
Loading - please wait...