Questions
Showing results 3521 to 3540 of 3572

votes

answer

views

This amp has not been powered up for about 20 years. I have been advised to power it up slowly using a variac to protect the electrolytic capacitors.

Does this make sense or can I just switch it on?

Thanks to any old-timers who can answer this.
Cheers

asked 23 Nov 2022 at 03:34 PM

Tony Hoare

votes

answers

views

The Marshall CS JTM 1 carries a tube/valve complement of two ECC83/12AX7 in the preamp and one ECC82 in the power section. Once the tubes have been removed for replacement, how does one tell which tubes go back into which sockets? The pin outs allow for any of the tubes to go back into any of the sockets. I can't seem to find a PDF of the ower's manual either. Is there somewhere on line that Marshall or another source provides this PDF? Thank you for any  help in advance. 

asked 23 Nov 2022 at 02:32 PM

David Shelby

votes

answers

views

Hello, the model is DSL40CR: thomann.de/pl/marshall_dsl40cr_cream_levant_ltd.htm
I turn on the amplifier, in STB mode the Ultra Gain LED lights up, I switch to Classic Gain and after about 3 seconds the amplifier automatically switches back to Ultra Gain. The same thing happens if I connect headphones to EmulatedOut, so I can only play on headphones on the Ultra Gain channel. However, if the footswitch connection is in STB mode, then I can play with headphones on both the Classic Gain and Ultra Gain channels. Is it normal, if there is no footswitch and I switch between Classic Gain and Ultra Gain, the amplifier automatically switches to Ultra after 3 seconds - making it impossible to play with headphones on the Classic channel. If footswitch is connected then can i play both?
Can someone check this out?

asked 24 Jan 2023 at 10:50 AM

Szymon Kaźmierczak

votes

answer

views

asked 02 Dec 2022 at 07:19 AM

Tony Huang

votes

answer

views

Hey Team!

Own three Marshall JCM 2000 DSL, two are pre 2004 and at least one of them seems to have the Bias Drift issue. Where can I get hold of a replacement main board? I'm based in Germany. 

Cheers

Chris

asked 28 Nov 2022 at 11:13 AM

Christoph Härtwig

votes

answer

views

I have installed the IOS app, and I have two Marshall speakers: the Acton II, and the Stanmore II.

The Stanmore had no issues, I suspect because it does not require a firmware update (yet).  The Acton II on the other hand, will not connect without a firmware update.  Taking that route, it leads to an indefinitel hang.  It starts and never moves past the 20% mark, and it stays that way indefinitely.

I've tried power-cycling the speaker.

I've tried factory-resetting it too.

I've also tried installing the app on my Mac (rather than the iPhone), with exactly the same results.

Nothing.

Anyone else come across this?

---

Updates from a Marshall support call to which I have responded:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting the Marshall Support Team. 

Let's try a few steps to see if we can resolve this issue together.  

First: it is important to note that the Marshall Bluetooth app is NOT needed to pair the speaker to your phone. Please keep the app closed until you get to the very last section of the instructions below. 

(1) Perform a factory reset of the speaker:
- Press and HOLD the Source and Play/Pause button for 7-10 seconds​...DONE
- The SOURCE LED's will all flash quickly to confirm the reset was successful...DONE
- Remove the II Bluetooth from your audio device’s Bluetooth list before pairing again...DONE

(2) Connect the speaker to your phone via Bluetooth:
- make sure the Bluetooth menu on your phone (device) is CLOSED...DONE
- set the source to Bluetooth...DONE
- push and hold in the source button until the Bluetooth LED Light is flashing...DONE
- open the Bluetooth menu on your phone (or device), find & select the speaker...DONE

(3) Attempt to update the speaker again, complete these steps in this order:
- update the app to the latest version...DONE[UpToDate]
- make sure your phone and device are next to each other...DONE, and
- make sure that the speaker is powered on and connected to your phone via Bluetooth...DONE
- attempt to complete the update again...FAILED

Let us know if this helps. 

---

edited 05 Dec 2022 at 06:56 PM

Nima Talebi

asked 05 Dec 2022 at 02:01 AM

Nima Talebi

votes

answers

views

So I hook my amp into my computer, I am watching the tutorials that show 'my gateway' under the presets tab, where I can re arrange my presets in the order I want. 'My gateway' is missing. It shows my amp is detected here on the website. All I want to do is re order my presets. Please help.

Adam

asked 15 Dec 2022 at 01:06 AM

Adam Waite

votes

answers

views

I am using Macbook Air M1 and iPad pro M1 with Acton 2

What should I do because I can't update the firmware because it hasn't been downloaded more than 50% even after an hour?

asked 05 Dec 2022 at 01:53 AM

daniel shin

votes

answers

views

Bom,  ja tentei e procurei no youtube, mas não achei nada, espero ansiosamente que possam me ajudar.

enfim, estou tentando gravar um ritmo, melodia, tocar algo e que a caixa grave e reproduza o que eu toquei, pra depois pode tocar outra coisa em cima, tem como fazer isso de algum modo?

Aguardo  o retorno, obrigado.

Que a força esteja com você.

asked 30 Nov 2022 at 01:18 AM

José L Zimmer

votes

answer

views

edited 19 Dec 2022 at 11:16 AM

seppo vaarala

asked 08 Dec 2022 at 12:37 PM

seppo vaarala

votes

answer

views

Hello,

I recently bought an Emberton II via Amazon. A bit later i learned that fake Marshall products are being sold also via Amazon. How can i check that i have bought an original product? I have included a picture of the bottom of the packaging.

Regards,

Benny Knaup

asked 24 Dec 2022 at 11:32 AM

Benny Knaup

votes

answers

views

I tried to plug headphones  to emulated out with the speaker jack out is you mention on the instructions but what comes up is just a white noise, do i need to use a specific headphones? and what should be the problem?

asked 01 Dec 2022 at 07:27 PM

SAHAR KEDEM

votes

answers

views

I have a JMP-1 feeding a Valvestate 8004. Should the Master output be set at +4 or -20 db? Thank you!

asked 07 Dec 2022 at 07:43 PM

Andre Barnard

votes

answer

views

Does anyone know if the Valvestestate 2000 line of amps have an unbalanced or blanaced emulated DI out? Also, does anyone know if this DI out is line level or instrument level? I'm assuming unbalanced and line level, but if anyone has a definitive answer, it would be really helpful! One other question about the DI out: Does the volume knob – not the gain knob – of the amp affect the volume level of the DI out?

Can't believe Marshall didn't answer these questions in the manuals! Those Valvestate 2000 manuals are awful, only the most basic of information is given.

asked 12 Dec 2022 at 05:58 PM

Luke Johnson

votes

answers

views

Hello, is there anyone who has made a Volbeat preset yet.

I'm just a rookie so I'm not experienced enough to create one myself.

asked 10 Dec 2022 at 02:20 PM

Hans de Groote

votes

answer

views

Recently updated the firmware for my code 50 and it stopped short of complete firmware installation when I received a pop-up to restart the installation. The amp is stuck at ready to update but now the firmware won't install again. Tried a factory reset but now the amp will say USB not connected...until I reconnect....then it will read... ready for update. Which won't update anymore or resume where it left off. Can I get the original firmware or another way to factory reset? Buttons will not activate anything anymore.

asked 13 Jan 2023 at 01:31 AM

Scott Simon

votes

answers

views

I recently purchased a code 25 marshall amp and can't figure out which USB is the correct kind for the amp. I want to be able to connect my amp to my laptop so I can record music. 

asked 22 Jan 2023 at 05:40 AM

Preston Lee

votes

answers

views

How to add / change thumbnail pic for a preset ?

asked 27 Dec 2022 at 04:29 AM

Brad Mozley

votes

answer

views

Hey All

Wat would be today the equivalent replacement for the Marshall class 5?

Thanks

asked 11 Dec 2022 at 03:45 PM

Davide Violante

votes

answer

views

Dear fellow Marshallers,

I have recently bought a Marshall DSL15C amp for my guitar and was looking to use headphones for silent practice. I tried disconnecting the amp output on the back side of the speaker and plugging in my headphones instead - this doesn't seem to work perfectly as my headphones only play in one ear and the sound is crazy high. 

Is there a good way to use headphones on this amp or do I need to buy another amp for silent practice?

Rock on,

Magnus

asked 25 Dec 2022 at 07:22 PM

Magnus Broch
Showing results 3521 to 3540 of 3572
Loading - please wait...