Questions
Showing results 2061 to 2080 of 3917

votes

answer

views

I have a code 25, but it does not have the threshold setting.   Will there be much negative effect?

asked 11 Sep 2019 at 12:53 AM

Brian Livingstone

votes

answer

views

Can not find

Marshallusa.com/warranty  does not work

DSL

asked 09 Sep 2019 at 04:37 PM

David Jaffe

votes

answer

views

I have tried to get to the USA link for registration but keep getting a 404 error.  The URL I have been using is from the warranty registration card provided with my amp and is:

www.marshallusa.com/warranty

This seems to be an ongoing problem based on the traffic on the forum, is there a work around or resolution in the works?

asked 08 Sep 2019 at 05:17 PM

Mark Sterrett

votes

answer

views

Hello,

I have a Marshall Code50 amp and I purchased the optional footswitch with it. Lately it is doing some pretty crazy things. I could be in bank B1, but when I tap B2, B1 will start flashing in the window and then start scrolling up the alphabet by itself (C1, D1, E1, etc.). Sometimes I do a light tap to change banks but it goes into switch mode instead. Other times it seems to be working normally, but when I look back down the bank will be flashing. Selecting another bank (or exit) doesn’t have any affect and the only way to reset is to unplug the footswitch and plug it back in.

This has started happening on a daily basis. What’s going on?

Thanks,

asked 08 Sep 2019 at 01:56 AM

wayne schwisow (15)

votes

answers

views

Hello,

I have a Marshall Code50 amp and I purchased the optional footswitch with it. Lately it is doing some pretty crazy things. I could be in bank B1, but when I tap B2, B1 will start flashing in the window and then start scrolling up the alphabet by itself (C1, D1, E1, etc.). Sometimes I do a light tap to change banks but it goes into switch mode instead. Other times it seems to be working normally, but when I look back down the bank will be flashing. Selecting another bank (or exit) doesn’t have any affect and the only way to reset is to unplug the footswitch and plug it back in.

This has started happening on a daily basis. What’s going on?

Thanks,

asked 08 Sep 2019 at 01:56 AM

wayne schwisow (15)

votes

answer

views

Hi guys,

Thought I'd share what finally worked for me to get my CODE amp to connect to the gateway app.

I had tried literally everything, unpaired the amp, reinstalled gateway about 10,000 times, used 3 different devices. All with no success.

Until I tried this:

This worked for a Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet, but I suspect it would probably work with any device.

1. Uninstall gateway from your device

2. Unpair every single device you have paired with your device through your bluetooth settings.

3. Clear your bluetooth cache and data. On an Android device this is located in App Manager/System apps (to show system apps you might have to click the 3-dot symbol on top right of settings screen)/Bluetooth/Clear cache and data

4. Restart your device

5. Re-Install Gateway app

6. Pair AMP with device via bluetooth

7. Open Gateway app, and hopefully, you'll see your CODE amp has finally connected.

The key here is to unpair all bluetooth devices and clear bluetooth cache through your phone's settings.

Credit to Cris Lebrun who shared this solution elsewhere in the forum. It was kinda hidden so I thought i'd make a separate thread for it.

Good luck

asked 06 Sep 2019 at 01:27 PM

ANTONIS MARKIDES

votes

answers

views

Hi all

I bought a Code 25 and looking into possible solutions for a footswitch.

I only really need to change between two channels (or presets in case of a modelling amp). Basic functionality.

Has anyone used any other footswitches with a CODE, Marshall or other brands?

thanks!

edited 07 Sep 2019 at 03:06 AM

ANTONIS MARKIDES

asked 06 Sep 2019 at 01:00 PM

ANTONIS MARKIDES

votes

answer

views

When using the Code 100H, can a Muff type pedal be used in front of the head with something other than Natural selected? In other words if I have JCM selected, pre-fx off, would the pedal work as good, or should I always use the Natural selection with pedals? Thank you.

asked 04 Sep 2019 at 12:37 PM

oliver hoy (1)

votes

answer

views

Hi!

I bought Marshall MID on Amazon. How can i check i bought the original or fake?

Thanks.

asked 04 Sep 2019 at 05:24 AM

Alex Kotov

votes

answer

views

the Classic gain channel works fine but when I switch over to the ultra gain channel the volume control does nothing. Instead the Classic volume controls the ultra channel. Switching problems. Any advice 

asked 03 Sep 2019 at 11:10 PM

John Pitcher

votes

answer

views

Hey, anyone know how to sound like Adam Jones with a code 50 thanks. And please for the love of god don't reply with stupid comments like the clowns over at ultimate guitar. Thanks.

asked 03 Sep 2019 at 07:08 PM

john strauss

votes

answers

views

Hello!!! How I can remove the noise caused by the pick, in the solos with distortion?

asked 03 Sep 2019 at 03:32 PM

Federico de Alvear

votes

answers

views

Hey all,
First of all, some background information. I have been playing classical guitar for 2-3 months I would say, and I believe I have passed absolute beginners' stage. Yet, I have no interest in playing classical guitar (was playing just because I had one spared by my cousin), so I'm gonna buy an electric guitar fairly soon. However, the problem is, my taste is a little bit wide. I love blues, rock, metal and also jazz. I am imagining a guitar that is capable of sounding like Joe Bonamasa, Dream Theater, Europe, Opeth (even Opeth is wide enough to require more than one guitar I guess, but financial concerns...), Alter Bridge at the same time. I know, I know; at least something close to that. So far, I believe closest call is Yamaha Pacifica 112 series (since budget is my concern), but there seem to be hell of a lot of options. Also I consider buying Blackstar ID: Core 10 V2 as amplifier based on its good references all over the web, but not sure if it suits my playstyle. Not sure if anything, at least for limited budget, fits my styles. Even if not, plase share if you have close calls. Thanks in advance

edited 25 Sep 2019 at 07:39 AM

asked 02 Sep 2019 at 11:13 AM

ryan gant

votes

answers

views

Just bought my Code 50 tried to connect the Gateway App to either my iPhone 7 or iPad Air 2.

Did a firmware update to 1.44 , the amp is paired in Bluetooth but when in Gateway, it just says it is connecting but never does.

I have tried reinstalling the firmware, forgetting the edvice and re-pairing, removing all other BT devices etc. etc. but still it will not connect.

UPDATE: this was an iOS issue, not the amp. The latest update to iOS beta 13.1 resolved it. 

edited 07 Sep 2019 at 06:17 AM

Steven Clarke

asked 31 Aug 2019 at 04:56 PM

Steven Clarke

votes

answer

views

I recently bought a JCM 800 Studio Classic SC20H. I have taken in to practise twice and inbetween songs when i am not playing a loud crackaling comes out of the speakers (I have changed all cabels, speaker cable guitar cable power cable) and it still happends. but  if i play for a while it seems to disapear then randomly come back when i stop. if i put the amp into standby it goes.

anybody have any ideas?

cheers 

Rich

asked 31 Aug 2019 at 11:05 AM

Rich Thomas-James

votes

answer

views

Hi,

I listen to music through wifi/spotify to mp3 on my Marshall Acton. The past few weeks I notice occasionally that it will turn on and play randomly. This sometimes happens very early or late at night at very loud volumes to the point where I've had to unplug the speaker when I'm asleep. I've now debugged the issue to an unknown bluetooth device connecting. I can see it is some kind of DESKTOP device (which I don't own); I see it pop up occasionally on the ios app as connected. 

It must be a neighbor in my apartment complex either doing this on accident or pranking me (doesn't really matter). But I can't seem to stop it. I don't use bluetooth and have never connected to the speaker via bluetooth. Can I disable bluetooth or somehow reset it to stop the unknown device from connecting? I love the speaker otherwise but it's a huge hassle to have this issue. 

Thanks!

asked 31 Aug 2019 at 09:30 AM

Rion Messi

votes

answer

views

After 15 minutes or so of playing my guitar on my Marshall Code 50...the display will grey out and I get no sound until I turn it off and then back on. It's good for another 10 minutes or so. What's up with that???

asked 30 Aug 2019 at 02:26 AM

Kim Galloway

votes

answers

views

Hello. 

I just purchased the dsl40cr and I think it is acting strange.

When I put the amp in the low power mode, I think it sounds normal. But when I switch it to the high power mode, without changing any settings on the amp or the guitar, the volume decreases.

I'm not sure if this is normal??

I play on low volume with the master volume on about 1~2 and adjust the channel volume for the most part. 

The volume level sounds similar when the channel volume is on 2 (low power) vs 8 (high power). 

I would think that high power = higher volume?

I've read that the volume difference may not be a lot but to actually decrease going from low to high power mode seems strange. 

The volume level responds much more sensetively when it is on the low power mode. When it is on high power, it does not respond as sensetively. It gets louder as you increase the volume but not as much as when it is on low power mode.

Is this normal??

asked 29 Aug 2019 at 05:42 PM

Andy Suh

votes

answer

views

Noise coming from presence control when turned, no crackle but something like a dirty pot? Its not the hiss you get when volume is turmed up.

asked 29 Aug 2019 at 12:00 AM

Joseph Czarnecki

votes

answer

views

Hi 

I have a rare JCM800 bass cab from the 1980's model 1553 serial 1729 and was wondering what the standard speakers where in this model. it's currently fitted with the x2 10" Celestion K10-70 cones and one 15" Celestion Sidewinder S15-250.

where could I buy replacements if one of them failed?

thanks

Neil 

asked 28 Aug 2019 at 12:44 PM

Neil Sholes
Showing results 2061 to 2080 of 3917
Loading - please wait...