edited 24 Oct 2019 at 11:31 PM

Robert DeStefano

asked 23 Oct 2019 at 08:10 PM

Robert DeStefano

votes

answer

views

Hi,

I just decided to upgrade my Marshall 5 combo speaker.  When installing it, I noticed that there is a rubber stopper on the bottom of the amp, facing the speaker.  I'm assuming this is to guard the speaker magnet from damaging the amp(?).  However the replacement speaker's magnet is larger than the stock.  Can I remove the rubber stopper?  Is there another purpose for it?  Any potential damage to the amp or transformer by removing it?

asked 23 Oct 2019 at 06:12 PM

josh tidwell

votes

answer

views

Could someone explain to me the correct way to hook up my iRig Stomp I/O into my Marshall JCM 900 50W, Hi Gain, Dual Reverb Model 4502? I don't know if I should plug directly into the input of the amp or bypass the preamp section and go through the effects loop. I'm nervous about incorrectly routing/hook up as I do not want to fry a circuit or blow any tubes etc... I would certainly appreciate any guidance or instrution as to the best way to hook up the iRig into the JCM 900.

Respectfully,

Cody

asked 23 Oct 2019 at 02:45 PM

Cody Berger

votes

answer

views

I have purchased a new Marshal Amplifier and would like to Register
it but the website indicated on the warranty card does not work.

This is what the site says when visited:
Epic 404!
An error occurred while processing your request.

And contacting the dealer is no help at all!

Please Advise!

Thank you for your time and help.
B Bishop

asked 22 Oct 2019 at 05:54 PM

Bobby Bishop

votes

answer

views

Hi, I have a queation about the Marshall Studio series of tube amps (Sorry it not CODE related)

i have all 3 amps in that serie, the SV20H Plexi, SC20H JCM800 and 2525c Jubilre

I would like to know more about the fx loop, is it line or intrument level ;

+4 (line/active current) fx loop

or

-10 (instrument/passive current) fx loop

it's not indicated anywhere in the user manual

I just want to know if I can use a regular stomp box delay and reverb in the loop or it's made to be used with rack effect.

Thanks in advance! 

asked 17 Oct 2019 at 12:53 PM

Stephane Ouellette

votes

answer

views

Hello there,

New to the forum.  I just saw a deal on a beautiful Code 4x12

It is very hard to find the specs online. Can anyone tell me what's it made of? 

Thanks

asked 16 Oct 2019 at 08:57 PM

PAULO ANTONIO SILVA

votes

answers

views

List of factory presets for CODE 100H head. From 2019, the presets are different than combo models. Rig info: the CODE 100H head and 4X12 cabinet.

edited 16 Oct 2019 at 05:20 PM

William Jones

asked 16 Oct 2019 at 05:08 PM

William Jones

votes

answer

views

Ok i havent used my code for a while and decided to get it out and dust it off for a jam... I thought it most likely needed a firmware update so decided to plug it in to my pc. Ihad been through this process when i bought it so i didnt anticipate any problems LOL 

So firstly it wouldnt detect the amp even though pc audio was being routed through it, anyhow got through the teething issues and enabled the midi thing as per instructions and then bam! amp went past the connected but and it showed the available firmware it was on 1.3 and showed 2 further updates to the current 1.4.

I started it and nothing happened. sat watching the dots fly by and absolutely nothing was going on. So after what seemed like hours i decided to cancel and try again and it would sometimes detect it, sometimes not sometimes stard to update, sometimes not and then i tried the last time and it all seemed to go well, i actually saw % numbers going up and then it stalled again and nothing happened. I left it for a good 45 minutes and still nothing, so i decided to cancel it again and try one last time.

only now the amp says the firmware version is 0.0 and it wont do anything. I am unable to factory reset even. It really should not be this difficult to update the damn firmware. I have been trying to do this for HOURS!

asked 16 Oct 2019 at 04:02 PM

Connor Flynn

votes

answer

views

Can CODE 50 sync user presets  by iPhone app ?

I know the way by mac(chrome).

asked 15 Oct 2019 at 03:19 PM

shin omori

votes

answers

views

Hi guys, im new to head and cabs as i have been a combo guy for years. I recently purchased a code 100 Head and i really do not want to use the code cabinet and want to get a better upgrade. I have a guy selling a 2004 1960A cab for $500 AUD OR I was thinking of getting either a 4x12 origin cab or a 4x12 SC cab. 

any ideas ? 

asked 12 Oct 2019 at 08:41 AM

Johnathan McLam (1)

votes

answers

views

Here's the solution to pairing an iphone/ipad to CODE as of latest apple update. Stop blaming Marshall and learn to work your Apple device!!! Too many whiners complaining about problems that have everything to do with dumb Appple users!

1. settings>gateway app (find in list of apps)>turn on Bluetooth & other options you prefer

2. settings>bluetooth (make sure bluetooth is on), then pair CODE with device following the regular pairing instructions

3. APOLOGIZE to every person you bitched to and learn to work your amp and phone like a capable musician and not the babboon that you are!

asked 11 Oct 2019 at 10:53 PM

Mark Solis (2)

votes

answers

views

Fired up the Gateway app after upgrading my ipad to iPadOS 13.1.2 and I get a message "Context3d not available! Possible reasons: wrong renderMode or missing device support". Nothing happens after that. I have an ipad 6th generation.

asked 10 Oct 2019 at 11:24 PM

john pfersich

votes

answer

views

Hi, I'm contemplating using a delay & Chorus in the fx loop of my 1987X.

I was wondering, is the FX loop buffered? or will I need a DD3 style buffered pedal in there to prevent tone loss

asked 07 Oct 2019 at 08:37 AM

Karan Taktawala

votes

answer

views

I just received my Marshall code 100 head now I'm trying to figure out what the best 2x12 cab would be to connect it to. I'm leaning toward the orange ppc212 with v30 is in it has anybody tried this?

asked 04 Oct 2019 at 06:28 PM

Rick Vos

votes

answers

views

edited 17 Oct 2019 at 07:48 AM

Jimmy Pratt (2)

asked 04 Oct 2019 at 12:52 AM

Jimmy Pratt (2)

votes

answer

views

so i bought a marshall code 50 a few months ago, and now it doesn't work the light flashes on and off when i turn it on but no text is showing it just blinks on and off. the sound doesnt work nothing. 

asked 03 Oct 2019 at 10:25 PM

nahum Ortiz

votes

answer

views

I am having a problem with power supply board. So far it is causing the amp to re-set (power off, power on) randomly. I have diagnosed it by duplicating the issue with tapping (or lighly pushing) on components on the power supply board. Reading the forums makes it seem like it is (somewhat) a common problem with these amps. 

How can I get a power supply replacement board so that I can enjoy using this (otherwise) great amp?

Thanks

asked 03 Oct 2019 at 02:30 PM

Miodrag Zubic

votes

answer

views

When I plug my Code 50 into my macbook, my laptop recognizes that the AMP is plugged in and as an audio device but there is no input or output to/from the amp at all. Garageband also recognizes the amp but again with no input/output... 

asked 02 Oct 2019 at 04:34 PM

Chase Jacob

votes

answer

views

Whenever I run the update everything works fine until it completes at which point the amp goes back to saying "Ready for Update" and the website says the update was not completed and to restart my computer and try again.

asked 02 Oct 2019 at 04:11 PM

Chase Jacob

votes

answers

views

I have a DSL20 head, can I run (2) MX212 cabinets with that amp and if so, would I use the two 2 X 16 ohm outputs?  Like a mini Marshall stack. Im having trouble finding a diffinative answer on this.

is.

asked 01 Oct 2019 at 09:49 PM

Mark Hurlburt
Showing results 2021 to 2040 of 3921
Loading - please wait...