Questions
Showing results 2121 to 2140 of 3921

votes

answer

views

Bought a DSL40 late Dec 18 which lasted about three weeks before it packed in.  Got a replacement which,out of the box, didnt work at all. Currently waiting for the third one to arrive !

Contacted customer services who said the were really sorry but hope I will continue to buy Marshall.

Anyone else had ongoing problems with this product and Marshalls apathy ?

asked 15 Mar 2019 at 11:46 AM

Les Parish

votes

answer

views

I have a DSL40C and bought a used 90012 model footswitch. Turns out that switch is meant for the newer DSL40CR. It is tip and ring with two sleeves for the two buttons, but the channel button does nothing. When plugged in the channel button on the amp no longer works, yet the footswitch button does not change the channel either.xvideos.onl/

If you pull the footswitch half way out it causes a channel change.xnxx.onl/

So the question is, does the amp have an issue or is this footswitch just not compatible? It's a two button, tip and ring with two sleeves so in my mind it should work...chaturbate.onl/

Some internet sloothing leads me to a model P802 footswitch that was the one for the DSL40C amp but it seems like the same switch to me...

edited 29 Mar 2019 at 03:56 PM

Babu Moshai

asked 14 Mar 2019 at 11:54 AM

Babu Moshai

votes

answers

views

I'm about to buy a used 1987xl 50w plexi that has a master volume mod on it. I can't try it out because it's pretty far away from me. What exactly does the master mod allow me to do? Does it just mean i can crank the loudness knobs and play at a lower volume or will I still lose gain when I turn down the master volume? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I don't really have any experience with single channel amps.

asked 14 Mar 2019 at 11:53 AM

Babu Moshai

votes

answers

views

Hi, Marshall team!

Is it possible to add graphic or parametric (or both) EQ in the future firmware update?

asked 14 Mar 2019 at 03:48 AM

Denis Moysienko (85)

votes

answers

views

High, first off, I am new to the modeling world, my main rig is peavey and Line6 DT25 tube rigs.

I bought a Code 50 as a quick and reliable solid state backup/practice amp to gig with if needed.

I love the sounds of it but at times the BASS just takes over even when Bass knob is rolled to

zero. no matter what settings i use the Bass is booming. I am thinking of a speaker upgrade

possibly but is there any advice on settings that may help me pull the mid range out more. I 

use Super Cleans and Gritty Gains. Hard Rock/Metal sounds

Wes

asked 13 Mar 2019 at 04:12 PM

Wes Eubanks

votes

answer

views

Hello , I am new with an all valves amp.

I just received my new DSL5CR and, whatever the distance i am from the amp and the position and the cable used and or the room i am in my house, i still have a lot of hums on the ultra gain channel.

I can’t even reach half the volume without a lot of hum.

I am using a Fender deluxe black strat (mexican) and also an Epiphone Les Paul Standard guitars.

Is it normal?

Will a noise gate pedal fix the problem.

Tx

Jean

DSL

edited 13 Mar 2019 at 01:46 PM

Jean Audette

asked 13 Mar 2019 at 11:54 AM

Jean Audette

votes

answers

views

Hi

I have recently acquired a code 100H and cab and am learning how to use it to get the best from it. I have found i can never seem to get my solo playing to cut through and it needs a boost. I planned on using the FX loop with my boost pedal but i get no effect whatsoever. My leads are all good and the pedal works - i just cant seem to get any response from the FX loop. Can you please help?

asked 13 Mar 2019 at 10:29 AM

matthew richards

votes

answer

views

asked 12 Mar 2019 at 04:55 PM

Gaz Burton

votes

answers

views

My single channel footswitch for my DSL50 packed in at rehearsal last night - what replacement footswitches are compatible with this 2002 head and are any with an LED?

asked 12 Mar 2019 at 03:37 PM

Andy Gregson (10)

votes

answer

views

How can i check the serial number of my headphones to find out whether they are original or not. Thanks in advance!

asked 11 Mar 2019 at 11:36 AM

Vlad Glad

votes

answer

views

I bought this amp in late 2016 and about 3 months ago the mic channel died.  No sound at all from it.  Any thoughts or suggestions on what to do>

asked 10 Mar 2019 at 07:48 PM

Mark Corrigan

votes

answer

views

Hi please refer to this previous question to help explain the background to my question:  https://my.marshall.com/forum/question/1479/marshall-code-100---should-it-have-come-with-a-2-way-foot-switch?filterType=recent&myActivity=True

Basically I bought a Marshall code 100 (no it's not 100H or 100C just a plain 100). It was out of its box and on display but discounted by about $180 because it had a slight dent in the base. The store rep claimed it had not been used. I bought it due to the price but after a few months I realised it should have come with a 2 button footswitch. I then raised this fact with the store and they agreed to supply me with the one that should have come with it. It has been about 6 months since they promised me they would replace and every time I ring up they come up with some bullshit excuse like "oh our suppliers on the other side of the country claim it is not sold as a spare and they have to order it in and they are not receiving any new stock of this item until Feb". 

So Feb has come and gone so I am about to ring them and vent my frustrations on them. Then I thought maybe I could get the PEDL 91009 foot switch instead of the PEDL-91010, at a discounted price (perhaps to the value of the cheaper switch that should have come with it), as I am told it is much better.  As I have never had or even used a foot switch and am completely clueless on them I have a few questions:

Does the basic PEDL-91010 footswitch only allow you to switch to the next preset up or down on the preset list of 100 presets? Or can you jump from like preset number 4 to preset number 98? If it only allows you to switch to the next one up or down does the 91009 model allow you to switch between any two presets on my list? Does the 91009 model allow you to program more than 2 presets to switch between when playing a song? 

Finally, one responder to my other post mentioned that the Code 100 only comes with a basic 2 way footswitch and that the PEDL 91010 is an optional extra. But this contradicts what others were saying (eg that it is the PEDL 91010 footswitch that it comes with).

Anyway I am confused and need all this cleared up so I am fully armed when I next call the store.

asked 10 Mar 2019 at 02:04 PM

julien casella (1)

votes

answers

views

Hey, one of my all time favorite riffs is Unchained from Van Halen. I'm trying to get that particular flanger sound on my code 50 but I just can't get it right. I found a few Van Halen presets but those are for other songs. The flanger in the Van Holy preset is too much over the top to my liking. A preset for this song would really be appreciated :-) 

asked 10 Mar 2019 at 01:22 PM

Wim de Nooijer (1)

votes

answer

views

If this topic has been covered before then please excuse my new member error.  Anyways, I’m hoping to find an answer for a particular problem I’m having. I’ve owned my amp for a little under a year and I’ve noticed that since I’ve had it paired with the cabinet I have now it has little to no natural overdrive/distortion, that classic crunch we all know. I know the amp is rated at 50 W  however the cabinet I have a paired with is rated for 140 W. I am new to using these types of amps and cabinets so if my cabinet is stronger than I am please tell me. I do not want to have to send it back for maintence if it’s not needed. I also have been hearing more humming than normal and occasional buzzing emitting from the cabinet. 

asked 10 Mar 2019 at 03:35 AM

David Marino

votes

answers

views

When I update my firmware on my Code 100H  I get the 1.41 update but it continues to update backwards to 1.11 and I cannot stop the update at the new 1.41 update..When I turn the amp back on it shows 1.11 not 1.41.  ???

How do I get the new update alone?

asked 09 Mar 2019 at 08:24 PM

Gerald Harvey

votes

answer

views

So about a year ago I got a footswitch for my Code 50, and when i first got it, it started banking backwards on it's own. I was able to stop it...until now. The worst part of it, is when i go to use the amp's tuner, it immediately exits because it thinks the button is being pressed. When it began a few days ago, I was able to press the bank button to increase the bank and counteract the issue, but now the bank button stopped working. Maybe I pressed it too hard or too much or something. I cant remember how I fixed it last time or whether or not the bank button worked, but all I know is this time it might be done for good. If anyone knows of this issue or has had it happen to themselves, please let me know how I can fix it. I dont remember all the presets that were saved to it, but I can remember a couple. Please help!!!

asked 08 Mar 2019 at 07:57 PM

Keenan Borgerson (3)

votes

answer

views

I had assumed that this was the maximum sample rate, not the only one. In practice it seems that it is 48kHz-only. Am I correct? 

asked 07 Mar 2019 at 05:56 PM

Jon Jacobi (4)

votes

answers

views

Hello, I don't know if this is the place to ask but I'll try anyway.
For my Code50 I really would like to see Presets from guitarists like:

Johnny Marr (The Smiths)
Wayne Hussey (The Sisters Of Mercy / The Mission)
John McGeogh (Siouxsie and the Banshees / PIL)
Chris de Garmo (Queensrÿche)
Geordie (Killing Joke)
Robert Smith (The Cure)
East Bay Ray (Dead Kennedys)

edited 07 Mar 2019 at 02:54 PM

Wim de Nooijer (1)

asked 07 Mar 2019 at 11:19 AM

Wim de Nooijer (1)

votes

answer

views

edited 07 Mar 2019 at 03:30 AM

Jason Davies

asked 07 Mar 2019 at 03:28 AM

Jason Davies

votes

answers

views

I recently bought a new DSL40CR. Great sounding amp! Great tones! I am noticing that the low end sounds a bit flubby. I was reading in some forums that this can be caused by improperly adjusted BIAS. Can anyone direct me as to what the mV for each left and right tubes should be set to?

asked 06 Mar 2019 at 06:41 PM

Todd Lampron
Showing results 2121 to 2140 of 3921
Loading - please wait...