I can't get the phone app and code 100 amp to connect. bluetooth does connect but the app will not show or allow to connect thus make the app unsuable. i have redownload app manty time. reconnected phone many times. amp is up to date firmware. i have had the app working fine and connected in the past.but now no matter how many redownloads, resets and starting fresh i can longer connect with the app to control it. i have been through every setting and all combinations on connecting updatig reseting and nothing seems to work. need help please. thank you.
Can I use bluetooth headphones with ampli Code 50 to play guitar and listening it? I have bluetooth headphones but don't works...
Why is my code 25 so glitchy? I updated it some time back and I still spend a inordinate amount of time putzing around with this thing to get it connected to my iPad. You want this piece of crap back?
I just received a Marshall Code 25 as a gift and I am new to guitar playing and using an amp. So I have 2 questions actually.
1. In the User Presets section, what does the X over the amp (code not available) exactly mean?
2. I managed to connect the bluetooth on my iphone with the amp, and it works fine, but everytime I turn my amp and the app on my phone on, my amp doesn't show in the amp. So I end up having to sync the bluetooth every single time I turn it on, let it search for my amp, and then I can get started. Is there some reason why my amp doesn't stay in the app?
I own the Marshall CODE 100H and CODE 212 cabinet.
I really love this amp, but I find the MY GATEWAY web page interface to be somewhat awkward to use.
The following are issues that I would like to see changed.
All references to the MY LIBRARY list are referring to the list below the MY GATEWAY List on the MY GATEWAY web page.
1) On the My GATEWAY web page, the preset list at the top is arranged by columns (as it should be), but the MY LIBRARY list below that is arranged by rows.
This makes it very awkward to find a preset in the MY LIBRARY section.
The MY LIBRARY section should be arranged by columns as well.
2) There is no indication in the MY LIBRARY section on the MY GATEWAY tab whether a preset is or isn’t in the MY GATEWAY list.
This makes it awkward to know which presets from the MY LIBRARY are used in the MY GATEWAY
I would suggest adding the MY GATEWAY preset number to the MY LIBRARY list as the indicator.
3) There is no indication in either list whether a preset has been Modified or is a Factory Preset
(must copy to MY LIBRARY section below and then edit to know if it was changed-not as convenient as it could be if it was marked as Factory Preset or Modified in the list)
4) There is no way to compare presets in the MY GATEWAY list vs the same named preset in the MY LIBRARY list.
(And a preset can be changed in the mobile app or on the amp and synced to the web,
but the change doesn’t get applied to the same named preset in the MY LIBRARY list,
so the MY LIBRARY presets become inconsistent with the same named preset in MY GATEWAY.
And, there’s no indication that the same named preset in the MY GATEWAY list is now different from the MY LIBRARY version.
Must be constantly manually checking / updating the MY LIBRARY list.
There should either be a “Date Changed” field in the Edit Preset dialog box so you can know which one is the most recent, or
There should be a prompt or checkbox to update the MY LIBRARY preset as well.
There should be a way to select two presets and then select “Compare”.
The compare screen should highlight the differences.
5) Renaming a preset in the MY GATEWAY section doesn’t also rename it in the MY LIBRARY.
Requires either deletion of the preset in the MY GATEWAY list and re-addition of the renamed preset,
or edit same named preset in both lists. There should be a prompt or checkbox to update the MY LIBRARY preset as well.
6) Multiple presets can be named the same thing but have different configurations (really bad idea!)
This makes it hard to know which one is the most up to date.
This should be prohibited.
Copying a preset to the Library should pop up a warning message that a preset with that name already exists, and ask to replace or rename it differently.
7) Preset settings can only be viewed / edited in the MY LIBRARY section but not the MY GATEWAY section.
This means that you have to copy a preset from the MY GATEWAY list to the MY LIBRARY section first.
Then hunt down where it went in the MY LIBRARY list in order to edit it, Edit it, and then copy it back to the MY GATEWAY list.
That seems to be a lot more awkward than it ought to be. It should be possible to view or edit preset settings from either list.
8) It would be nice if a preset could be marked as a favorite.
9) It would be nice if all Factory Presets had audio preview samples.
10) It would be useful to have a way to record a short audio sample via bluetooth on the mobile app and then be able to save it automatically to SoundCloud and add the url to the preset.
11) Where do I find backing tracks for to use with the amp?
Cant pair my code 25 and all phones in the house on the android (sumsung a70, lenovo a1000, micromax q385, sony xperia xa2 plus and others).
In the bluetooth settings, phones do not display the device name but its mac addres: "С8:DF:84:26:58:1F".
When pairing some phones it asks for a PIN code, the rest are not connected. In any case does not connect.
I recently purchased a CODE 25 and love it. In the Gateway app I see a different list of presets when connected via Bluetooth versus not. Any suggestions of how to correct?
When not connected I can see presets like Purple Plexi and Sweet Jubilee. Would like to check them out.
I believe it's time to give answers for who brought a amp from Marshall Code series. There's several issues to connect it with the app Gateway. What shall we do? Deliver the amps because we were never informed that there are problem connecting via bluetooth? maybe that's the solution because i can read issues about this since the very beggining...
Marshall Code 25 Bluetooth not working !!!!
i try to update firmware to 1.44, i try with diferente phones, android/ios/tablet etc.... wont detect nothing.... bluetooth Marshall not appear!...
Marshall apps is a fucking crazy bad... and support too.....
Need help please. I love my marshall code 25, but without bluetooth i send it back....
Hi I have a CODE 100H head/cab and a CODE 100 combo both with the latest firmware re-installed from Marshall and both have this issue, i.e. the amp very oftenn completely freezes when I save a preset.
Steps to reproduce:
- Modify any patch on the front panel
- 50% of the times the amp seems to freeze. The preset is saved but you can no longer change preset and there is no sound coming out.
The same happens if you modify a patch from the iOS app via bluetooth and then save it from there.
It's REALLY frustrating and I can't believe I didn't find anything on this forum under the "crash on save" keywords. Seeing it happens on both of my CODE units it much be a software bug, I don't think it has anything to do with my units.
Anyone else has seen this problem?
Hi my problem is the Marshall gateway app not connecting Bluetooth to my amp I've paired successfully to my iPad but it only sometime connects to the amp does not connect automatically very frustrating I've deleted app several time still the same problems do you have a update to help regards Rob
Yesterday I bought a second handed CODE 50. There were no problems at the buyer's house, but when I tried to make a bluetooth connection at home, it failed. I restored the factory settings and updated the firmware to version 1.44. I still can't make a bluetooth connection (iPhone 6s, iPhone X, iPad, MacBook Pro, all with the most recent iOS and MacOS versions) and now also the amplifier loudly knocks every 3 sec. I tried all suggested solution, but still no bluetooth connection. And the knocking sound is really annoying! How can I solve these problems?
I have recently had my iphone 8 software updated to ios 13.1.2 and since then have not been able to control my Code 25 amp via Gateway from my phone even though, in iphone settings, I am connected via bluetooth but within the Gateway App I'm not. I have upgraded my Gateway App to version 1.5 back in July and up to now it's worked perfectly well. Is anyone else having this problem and if so is there an App upgrade?
Here's the solution to pairing an iphone/ipad to CODE as of latest apple update. Stop blaming Marshall and learn to work your Apple device!!! Too many whiners complaining about problems that have everything to do with dumb Appple users!
1. settings>gateway app (find in list of apps)>turn on Bluetooth & other options you prefer
2. settings>bluetooth (make sure bluetooth is on), then pair CODE with device following the regular pairing instructions
3. APOLOGIZE to every person you bitched to and learn to work your amp and phone like a capable musician and not the babboon that you are!
My Code 25 cannot communicate with my phone via Marshall Gateway. The software cannot find and connect to the amplifier as if there was no bluetooth connectivity, but there is as I can listening to music via that. I use Galaxy A5 android.
Could you help me to solve the problem?
I have a code 50 and am trying to update firmware. I have an iPhone X with the Chrome app installed (newest version). I am logged into my Marshall and the gateway app. The gateway app shows I am connected via Bluetooth, but on the my Marshall firmware download page it says I am not connected and my browser doesn’t support download.
It’s very frustrating, Marshall or any support appreciated.
Thought I'd share what finally worked for me to get my CODE amp to connect to the gateway app.
I had tried literally everything, unpaired the amp, reinstalled gateway about 10,000 times, used 3 different devices. All with no success.
Until I tried this:
This worked for a Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet, but I suspect it would probably work with any device.
1. Uninstall gateway from your device
2. Unpair every single device you have paired with your device through your bluetooth settings.
3. Clear your bluetooth cache and data. On an Android device this is located in App Manager/System apps (to show system apps you might have to click the 3-dot symbol on top right of settings screen)/Bluetooth/Clear cache and data
4. Restart your device
5. Re-Install Gateway app
6. Pair AMP with device via bluetooth
7. Open Gateway app, and hopefully, you'll see your CODE amp has finally connected.
The key here is to unpair all bluetooth devices and clear bluetooth cache through your phone's settings.
Credit to Cris Lebrun who shared this solution elsewhere in the forum. It was kinda hidden so I thought i'd make a separate thread for it.
Just bought my Code 50 tried to connect the Gateway App to either my iPhone 7 or iPad Air 2.
Did a firmware update to 1.44 , the amp is paired in Bluetooth but when in Gateway, it just says it is connecting but never does.
I have tried reinstalling the firmware, forgetting the edvice and re-pairing, removing all other BT devices etc. etc. but still it will not connect.
UPDATE: this was an iOS issue, not the amp. The latest update to iOS beta 13.1 resolved it.
The iOS Gateway app was unable to connect to my CODE 50 even though my MacBook Pro is connected via bluetooth, so I did a factory reset and then tried to do a firmware update. The first part of the firmware update (1.44) appeared to install correctly. Next I saw a DSP update and tried to apply that update. In the middle of the DSP update, I received an error message to the effect that the update failed and I should power off & on my computer/device. I powered my Mac off & on, but the CODE 50 shows a progress indicator (about 20%) and says "DO NOT SWITCH OFF."
I tried to reinstall the firmware/DSP update, but this time the update process would not even begin. I suspect the problem is the frozen progress indicator and whatever ongoing or frozen process is causing the "DO NOT SWITCH OFF" message.
Othe than ignoring the warning on the CODE 50 and powering it off & on, I don't see what else I can do. Is there a way to abort the ongoing or frozen process without turning the CODE off.
What should I do?
Hi! I have an issue while trying to transfer dowloaded presets to my Code25. It occures both usb and bluetooth connections. On a usb connection i click the “amp” icon on a preset, it’s name appears on a Code screen. I push and hold store button on amp, “saved” appears. But then Code becomes freeezed, it does not react on button push etc. when i switch it off and then switch on it works fine, preset available on amp. The same issue appears when i try to transfer presets using Gateway app. What I do wrong?