Questions
Showing results 2121 to 2140 of 3931

votes

answers

views

I haven't had luck with Samsung or LG phones or tablets. The tablet connects (listen to youtube audio thru the amp) but Gateway doesn't connect.

asked 19 Jul 2019 at 12:51 AM

Harry Myers

votes

answers

views

I have had my Code 50 for a while and have played around with it to no avail. It's 20-50X too loud. When I set the Master Volume control to something like .5 it's way too loud. I can adjust the volume within the preset but if I change to any other preset it almost knocks my house over. I think this amp is unusable and has some serious design flaws. Is there a way to knock down the volume for the entire amp and all the presets? I need them all set at around a .1 or .2.

asked 28 Nov 2021 at 10:09 PM

Scott Jones

votes

answers

views

How can i  download the firmware utility. Have a look on the informations code errors.

The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [InstallMode] = HomeSite {string}
Property: [NTProductType] = 1 {int}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.1.1 {version}
Running checks for package '.NET Framework 3.5 SP1', phase BuildList
Reading value 'SP' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5'
Read integer value 1
Setting value '1 {int}' for property 'DotNet35SP'
The following properties have been set for package '.NET Framework 3.5 SP1':
Property: [DotNet35SP] = 1 {int}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX35SP1\dotNetFx35setup.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'DotNet35SP' and value '1': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX35SP1\dotNetFx35setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
'.NET Framework 3.5 SP1' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697208'
Error: An error occurred trying to download 'https://my.marshall.com/downloadfiles/firmware/MarshallFirmwareUpdateUtility.application'.

asked 06 Apr 2019 at 04:35 PM

Patrick GAUDIN

votes

answers

views

asked 18 May 2018 at 09:41 PM

JAMES JEFFRIES

votes

answer

views

Can someone please tell me where I can find the Serial # on my new 1987X Ri?

thanks.

asked 28 Oct 2016 at 07:10 PM

Bryan Patterson

vote

answers

views

Was curious if the footswitch on this is a short to sleeve connection.  Going to use a headrush gigboard with it using the 4CM but also want to contral the channels much the like the included footswitch does.

asked 24 Sep 2019 at 04:50 PM

Adam Goldbeck (1)

votes

answer

views

asked 28 Aug 2018 at 11:09 AM

billy powers

votes

answers

views

Via my iPad air, I use the My Marshall app (great app!) and want to use my mini Jam box for playing backing tracks. What is happening is that 2 instances of the Marshall amp are opening on the iPad, interferring with the mini Jam box. By this, I mean the backing track is playing only through the Marshall amp, not the mini Jam box. Sometimes I am able to "disconnect" the duplicate instance of the Marshall amp via the iPad bluetooth but not always. Also, I suspect there is some kind of conflict happening since I am also experiencing when I can "disconnect" the duplicate Marshall amp in the iPad blue tooth, I am losing the connectivity between the iPad and amp.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this, please!

asked 05 Jun 2017 at 06:34 PM

Ed Schmitzer

votes

answer

views

first time poster, long time tech. having experience with marshall amps I am familiar with issues stemming from problematic circuit boards (i.e.-DSL/TSL etc ) however my experience regarding this model is limited. can't say I have ever been a fan of DSP. for me ,as a player/tech DSP is a deal breaker. like the dreaded nintendo game format red circle of death, once the DSP bites it you're done.  I just seek a simple answer for my customer who bought one second hand,never re-tubed. amp lost power.sounds like a badly blown speaker (speakers test good). replaced output tubes and driver tube (original outputs tested badly). preamp tubes test good. supply voltages appear to be normal.overdrive channel LED switches from red to amber to slightly different amber but no green.  clean channel button switches normal. red-orange-green.master volume button doesn't come on.sometimes if you perform factory reset all buttons function but sound is still terrible. nice clean signal going thru to pin 7 of V7.  in between V7 and phase inverter something is haywire. my money is on the DSP board but not having a flow chart ??? tried to get a signal straight into the power amp but got nothing out. any input appreciated guys.  one thing more...i get the 2 separate heater voltages. V6 is 12vdc but the other for the remaining tubes originating at the tranny, is that standard 6.3 ? didn't see it on the schematic.

edited 29 Jun 2021 at 12:17 PM

gordon perry

asked 29 Jun 2021 at 12:16 PM

gordon perry

votes

answer

views

It is quite easy to reorganise presets using the My Gateway webpage, which then syncs to the app. However, I like to keep my presets on the app and amp the same, and it is quite arduous to transfer them all manually, is there any way to transfer all presets from the app to the amp at once?

asked 29 Sep 2020 at 02:33 AM

Nathaniel Chamron (10)

vote

answer

views

Can we get a list of the changes in the firmware update?

edited 14 Oct 2017 at 01:02 AM

Peter McAteer (7)

asked 14 Oct 2017 at 12:03 AM

Peter McAteer (7)

votes

answers

views

Hello, I recently ordered a used JCM800 Model 1580 Bass Cabinet.  The seller's photos show it with one 18 inch Celestion G18Q-400 speaker.  I've learned that they were made in the 1980s-90s, and came in mutliple speaker configurations. Mine is the 1x18.  I'm assuming the cab originally came with the G18Q-400?

Would really love to know:

1. the performance specs of the G18Q speaker (Celestion.com didn't have any info)

2. whether the round port cut in the baffle of the cab is original. 

See picture below.  Thanks!

asked 22 Aug 2021 at 07:31 PM

CHRISTOPHER DAVIS

votes

answer

views

Hello everyone,

my Acton shows a latency when connected via  Bluetooth to my Laptop. Youtube Videos arent lip-sync anymore.

My Killburn does not have this problem.

What can I do, if there is something that I can do and not Marshall?

asked 21 Mar 2018 at 10:38 AM

Thomas Mack

votes

answer

views

I've got an Origin 5C, about 6 months old.  Has worked fine and is a fun little amp.  But last night I had my first issue.
Got the rig set up, with front-end fx, and also some fx in the loop. Warmed it up, then played a few bars in low power. All worked fine, so I switched to full power, and stepped away for a few minutes to let it warm up some more.
When I came back, it was still powered on (light and mild hum), but the footswitch was dead and there was zero volume. Not even cable crackle when plugging and unplugging the guitar.
I messed around with all the connections. Pulled everything and plugged in directly (also checked the instrument cable). So, guitar > cable > amp. Still no volume, and just a slight hum (very slight; it wasn't ampliyfing anything, so this was just circuit hum).
I dissambled the the thing, to check tubes and connections. Everything looked grand.
Reassembled it, and it worked fine. Played for a good 10 or 15 minutes at medium volume, and it was a charm.
But then the volume started dropping. Would come in and out. Then it dropped completely, and the footswitch went dark again.
I tried connecting an external preamp into the return (with a dummy plug in the send), but no luck. Footswitch was still dark.
Hum but no volume.
Haven't tried it yet today, but I'm expecting the same behaviour. My assumption is that there is something that goes sideways when the temperature gets up.
So, two questions:
1 - Is this a power tube issue? I haven't noticed any other problems or symptoms of bad tubes. And, like I said, it's 6 months old. Never gigged, but played loud fairly often.
2 - What's up with the footswitch? I can't find any schematics of the Origin series, and I don't care to go tracing. So, I'm not sure exactly where the FS fits into the circuit. I was wondering if that symptom might help to diagnose.
Anyway, a great little amp, but it's acting up!
Has anybody had or heard of this issue?
Thanks, friends

asked 17 Mar 2021 at 01:12 PM

Clark Powers

votes

answer

views

The fan on my MG50 is really loud, is there any way to fix or replace this easily?

asked 08 Jul 2020 at 12:13 PM

Alexander Chalmers-Bugueno

votes

answers

views

Looking for that Jimmy Page clean mid-range grind from the film The Song Remains the Same, not record - (and yes, I know he used a Plexi and had his Paul modded)  / Steve Jones Never Mind The Bullocks grind (and yes, I know, he used a Fender Twin with a Custom Paul). I want to get in the ballpark of these sounds if possible, but I'm afraid I have the wrong head and DEFINITELY the wrong speakers (1960B 4 X 12 with G12 T - 75's which are garbage IMO). Here's my set-up, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Guitar: 2001 Les Paul Standard with Alnico 2 PU's. If you have alternative pick up suggestions (Whole Lotta Humbucker, PAF's?) or Capacitor Suggestions (which I heard make a big difference) please feel free. My real concern is:

JCM 2204 50 Watt from the 80's - I've read that this is more of a metal amp. That's what I'm not going for. I'm wondering if I should have saved up and gone for a Plexi - it's that classic, relatively clean grind with that mid-range hump that I'm going for. Is this true? Can anything be done - it simply has no clarity and is muddy, no matter what is done through adjusting knobs (pre-amp, master vol., gtr. vol., drive pedals MXR). This brings me to my next question concerning speakers. I've done a considerable amount of research, but seem to be going down a rabbit hole of more questions. Once again, any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Speaker Replacement Options for the G 12 T - 75's

1. Two Alnico Blues with Two G 12 M's - I know that the Blues are louder and more aggressive than the GB's. I've also heard the The Blues can blow out a 50 Watt Head - is this true?
I love the blues because they cut and grind, even if they are a tad aggressive. Perhaps the combo with the G 12 M's could temper it a bit (they're creamy). Is this combo possible? Will it sound unbalanced since the blues are louder?

2. Investing in Scumbacks or Webers but which ones? Honestly, I prefer the Alnico blues and G 12 M's after hearing a comparison between Scumbacks and G 12 Heritage and G 12 M's on YT, but I may be missing out on something here because better, more experienced players than me rave about them.

3. Two G 12 M's and Two G 12 Heritage - I've read conflicting reports on whether they jive together.

4. Four Heritage?

Thank you and once again any help would be appreciated.

asked 30 Apr 2020 at 09:18 PM

Benjamin Simborski

votes

answers

views

Hi!

Please help me, Marshall.

I can't connect Marshall Gateway version 1.4.9 running on my cell phone Moto Z Play with Android version 8.0.0 to my Marshall Code 25. The button "Scan for Amps" does not work. Even if I click "Auto-connect" option it does not work too.

I've tried all the solutions on https://my.marshall.com/support/faq/838/code---gateway-bluetooth-connection-troubleshooting without success.

The Bluetooth on my cell phone is on and Code is paired with Marshall Gateway.

Look at the screenshots.

Kindest regards,

Fábio

asked 30 Mar 2019 at 03:56 PM

Fabio Peruchi (1)

votes

answers

views

Given that the code head is 4ohm; is there any danger in running it into an 8ohm cab in the long run?  I understand it will halve my output power, but I'm more concerned with long term damage to the head. 

Thanks

asked 11 Feb 2017 at 02:44 PM

Randy Abbott (1)

votes

answer

views

Hi everyone.

I have some presets on my library, I added it to my gateway on the website. If I opening application on my phone I see my new presets in library. Problem is starting when I connect my phone with my amp- a new presets disappear ... 

asked 10 Jul 2019 at 03:07 PM

Michał spec
Showing results 2121 to 2140 of 3931
Loading - please wait...