Questions
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29

vote

answer

views

I've noticed that my amp makes a fizz noise in any volume even without any cables pluged in.

Another people here already complain about this issue, it seems like a design problem.

Is there a way to solve that?

Thank you.

asked 03 Oct 2018 at 02:19 PM

keith sarate (1)

votes

answer

views

Hey 

I noticed this a few days ago. When i plug in my 2525H head and run the overdrive channel, there is a very strong loud (sounds like) electrical noise. It goes away when i remove the pedals hooked up into the loop. 

Now i run a couple of EQ's, mxr 10band eqs on 18v power and a DD7 delay pedal in the loop. I have checked each pedal individually and also changed the cables used and it doesnt go away. 

I also checked if its a power supply issue, i run a t rex fuel tank chameleon that powers all my pedals, the 18v jack i have used a daisy chain to hook up 3 pedals, a Fulltone OCD, and the 2 eq pedals, i checked the power draw on each and it is wayy within the required power that is given out of that 18v socket. 

Please help, this is recent, i never had this problem before. I've gigged with this amp on a few occassions too, noithing was noticeable, and with this issue its very noticeable on low volumes as well. 

asked 06 Sep 2018 at 06:16 PM

Shashvat Pandit

votes

answer

views

Does anybody else have a noise issue after an update on the firmware?

My Marshall code 50 was dead quiet until I have made an update on the firmware. 

asked 11 Aug 2018 at 11:56 AM

JJ Jung

votes

answer

views

Hi there, guys 

I’m new to the forum and new to valve amps. In fact, I’ve just purchased my first valve amp: a brand new JCM 800 2203 reissue.

Running through a 1960av and a Rivera Rock Crusher attenuator and it sounds awesome - except for these damn so called ghost notes (just learned about them) that only happen when I set the master volume at higher values (above 6.5 or 7). It also only seems audible in higher pitches around the 12 fret.

Reading a lot about filter caps and stuff. But it’s a brand new amp and I still have warranty. So that’s not the case for trying to fix it myself.

My question is: should I assume it’s “normal” and keep my amp? If that’s the case, how can I crank it (and get that  beautiful power section overdrive) and minimize those annoying ghost notes? Is electric grounding improvement / adding a power filter of any good?

Or you guys think I should go to Marshall assistance and ask for a replacement?

Thank you very much,

Any help appreciated,

asked 15 Jul 2018 at 03:57 PM

Jopa Travassos

votes

answer

views

Hi,

I recently bought a Marshall DSL20HR head and a Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 cab. 

The head has a cab emulator out, so I hooked it up to my audio interface and was playing through my pc monitors. I turned up the volume and gain on the ultra gain channel and a strange buzz/noise came from the head when I would strum a chord or pick a note.

I only noticed this because I had the level on my interface low as I was just testing the cab emulator out. I have alos tested this with the head not plugged into either my interface or the cab and still get a strange noise/buzz.

As this is my first valve head I'm not sure if this is just something that happens when you turn up the volume and gain - as the amp is being pushed harder, or if there is a fault with the head and I need to take it back to the shop I purchased it from.

I will link below some video of the problem. The first video sounds worse than it is as I put my phone directly on top of the head as I play. It's not the signal noise from the amp that I am worried about, it's the rattle when I strum chords or hit notes...

https://youtu.be/ftOsSKeM8H4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWTiPugPfZ4

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm probably just over reacting, but it would be good to get some reassurance.

Thanks! \m/

asked 09 Jul 2018 at 06:08 PM

Rory Judge

votes

answer

views

Hi, i have a Marshall Code 50. I tried to record with usb input but there is a lot of noise (interference) every 10-15-20 seconds (random).

I have high quality cable and a yamaha RGX A2. With the oldest firmware version it was noisier, now with the v1.41 is better but how can I fix?

Any suggestions?

Sorry for my english.

Thank you.

asked 01 Jun 2018 at 07:04 PM

edoardo bertilaccio

votes

answer

views

I recently got myself a Marshall Valvestate 8100 head, which sounds amazing for a hybrid amplifier. Now there is one problem with the amp, and that is that there is a low buzzing sound when I turn it on. It does not get louder when I turn up the volume or gain, and it doesn't disappear when I switch channels, which means that it can't be the pre amp tube that causes the problem. I don't use a grounded power socket, but my other amp (an Orange Tiny Terror) doesn't hum so I don't think there is a problem power wise. My guess is a bad soldering joint somewhere in the amp, but I have no idea where to start looking. Is there someone who can tell me how to get rid of the buzzing? And how do I identify a bad soldering joint?

Cheers, 
Brian

asked 29 Apr 2018 at 08:07 PM

Brian Legdeur

votes

answer

views

I have an old acoustic AS80R that I have been using with a semi acoustic electric guitar for a nice clean sound. I like the sound of the combo (it has Celestion speaker elements), but the amplifier makes a constant 100 Hz buzz as soon as I turn it on, even when no guitar is connected. The buzz is louder than what I consider normal. Two professional service shops have tried to repair it.

Could I use it as speaker cabinet and replace the amp with a separate amplifier & how to do it?

asked 07 Nov 2017 at 09:27 AM

Jukka Toivola

votes

answers

views

My new CODE-100 2x12 has a prominent digital fizz noise it also crackles, very unpleasant specially when you use tremolo, chorus, delays.

Very noticeable on the decay of the notes, decay of notes crackles.

When you play the low E string unfretted it makes a buzzing noise, this is difficult to forgive in any amp.

Are you guys at Marshall aware of this? should I return the amp?

Thank you.

edited 04 Oct 2017 at 03:08 AM

Jorge Liguori (6)

asked 04 Oct 2017 at 02:31 AM

Jorge Liguori (6)
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
Loading - please wait...