Questions
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24

votes

answer

views

Hi, i have a Marshall Code 50. I tried to record with usb input but there is a lot of noise (interference) every 10-15-20 seconds (random).

I have high quality cable and a yamaha RGX A2. With the oldest firmware version it was noisier, now with the v1.41 is better but how can I fix?

Any suggestions?

Sorry for my english.

Thank you.

asked 01 Jun 2018 at 07:04 PM

edoardo bertilaccio

votes

answer

views

I recently got myself a Marshall Valvestate 8100 head, which sounds amazing for a hybrid amplifier. Now there is one problem with the amp, and that is that there is a low buzzing sound when I turn it on. It does not get louder when I turn up the volume or gain, and it doesn't disappear when I switch channels, which means that it can't be the pre amp tube that causes the problem. I don't use a grounded power socket, but my other amp (an Orange Tiny Terror) doesn't hum so I don't think there is a problem power wise. My guess is a bad soldering joint somewhere in the amp, but I have no idea where to start looking. Is there someone who can tell me how to get rid of the buzzing? And how do I identify a bad soldering joint?

Cheers, 
Brian

asked 29 Apr 2018 at 08:07 PM

Brian Legdeur

votes

answer

views

I have an old acoustic AS80R that I have been using with a semi acoustic electric guitar for a nice clean sound. I like the sound of the combo (it has Celestion speaker elements), but the amplifier makes a constant 100 Hz buzz as soon as I turn it on, even when no guitar is connected. The buzz is louder than what I consider normal. Two professional service shops have tried to repair it.

Could I use it as speaker cabinet and replace the amp with a separate amplifier & how to do it?

asked 07 Nov 2017 at 09:27 AM

Jukka Toivola

votes

answers

views

My new CODE-100 2x12 has a prominent digital fizz noise it also crackles, very unpleasant specially when you use tremolo, chorus, delays.

Very noticeable on the decay of the notes, decay of notes crackles.

When you play the low E string unfretted it makes a buzzing noise, this is difficult to forgive in any amp.

Are you guys at Marshall aware of this? should I return the amp?

Thank you.

edited 04 Oct 2017 at 03:08 AM

Jorge Liguori (5)

asked 04 Oct 2017 at 02:31 AM

Jorge Liguori (5)
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
Loading - please wait...