Questions
Showing results 2461 to 2480 of 3919

vote

answer

views

Hello,

I've noticed that there is rattling/jangling coming from the amp (not the speaker) when playing notes between low  A and C and their respective octaves above. It sounds like it is coming from the EL34 valves - is this due to the way that they are mounted without spring dampers? They have not gone microphonic as far as I can tell, and are otherwise performing as expected, so I feel this is more a mechanical issue with the chassis/mounting, or it's just an undesirable characteristic of the valves themselves. What I'd ideally like to know is, do all Origin 20Cs do this or is this the first anyone has heard about this?

I've removed every external variable there could be, moving the amp to another location and isolating it from floor vibrations in the studio. I've taken the 'amp' out of the cabinet so that I could lightly tap the valves, and check the screws around the supports are not loose. You can generate the rattle (or very similar) just by tapping lightly with the handle of a screwdriver, on both valves. This is what I was expecting if it was just physical vibrations from the speaker causing them to rattle in sypmathy. The rattling sound does not get amplified, so it's not in the audio path.

It's enough to be offputting when tracking/practicing in the studio unless pushing out really high volume so that you can only hear the guitar. I play fairly clean a lot of the time so it is more obvious under those conditions.

Would really appreciate some advice. If the answer is, "It's the same for all and there's not much that can be done..." then ok, I just need to know. That said, I spotted there was some sort of similar issue perhaps on Class 5 amps that a kit was developed for to resolve? I may have misunderstood though.

If there is any further mechanical troubleshooting to be done then please let me know. I wouldn't want to void the warranty status if possible. For what it's worth, I'm a systems and support engineer for a large format mixing console company, so I'm competent enough to poke around as required... just figured someone may have alreday solved this one before I carry on!

Kind regards,

Ed

edited 09 Sep 2018 at 11:28 AM

Edward Arnold (1)

asked 09 Sep 2018 at 11:27 AM

Edward Arnold (1)

votes

answer

views

Can someone confirm whether you can select more than one of the pedal effects on the code at the same time? e.g a distortion and wah for instance?

asked 09 Sep 2018 at 05:59 AM

Heinrich Nolte

votes

answer

views

Hallo,

just received my DSL1HR now, and test it's functionality without an external cabinet (ordered but not arrived yet), so tested only with my headphones AKG K240 MKII. I noted that the volume is very low even with the volume knob at maximum level and switching the power 1W-0.1W I don't feel any difference, in both channel !

seems that only 0.1W is allowed when external speaker is disconnected. Is it broken or is it normal ? awaiting for a kind urgent fast responce please.

thanks

cheers

Roberto

asked 08 Sep 2018 at 10:55 PM

Roberto ACErob71

votes

answer

views

Tengo poco tiempo (2 meses) usando mi CODE 50 πŸ‘, sin embargo siempre he usado pedales análogos combinados con pedaleras digitales, alguien tiene algún preset para usar mis pedales externos? DESDE YA MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!πŸ‘πŸŽΈπŸ‘

asked 08 Sep 2018 at 01:10 AM

Josué Franco

votes

answer

views

Valve combo under 10 month old main power switch red stopped working can this be repaired under warranty ? 

asked 07 Sep 2018 at 11:25 PM

bob summerson

votes

answer

views

Hello

I have been using a Marshall 2525c with my guitar for a year without any problem. Amazing amp, congrats for your product.

Last day we were on the studio I noticed something. The power switch, which shines with red light when amp is turned on, stops shining after 30 sec (does not matter if using it or not) The amp keeps on working without makeing any noise, so power switch does not go off, is just the light inside it. Valves keep on shining too of course. If I turn the power off and then on again, the red light shines again for 30 seconds and then stops. I was wondering what could this mean, or if it traduces any functioning problem I am not aware of.

Thanks in advance

David

asked 07 Sep 2018 at 06:06 PM

David CP

votes

answers

views

Hi all.

I am new to all this and started to play ‘Run to you’ by Bryan Adams. Do you know where and how to download the presets/patches to be able to get the right sound.

Help also required on how to put the required presets on the amp. 

Thanks all in advance for your help.

asked 07 Sep 2018 at 04:23 PM

christopher wainwright

votes

answer

views

Hey 

I noticed this a few days ago. When i plug in my 2525H head and run the overdrive channel, there is a very strong loud (sounds like) electrical noise. It goes away when i remove the pedals hooked up into the loop. 

Now i run a couple of EQ's, mxr 10band eqs on 18v power and a DD7 delay pedal in the loop. I have checked each pedal individually and also changed the cables used and it doesnt go away. 

I also checked if its a power supply issue, i run a t rex fuel tank chameleon that powers all my pedals, the 18v jack i have used a daisy chain to hook up 3 pedals, a Fulltone OCD, and the 2 eq pedals, i checked the power draw on each and it is wayy within the required power that is given out of that 18v socket. 

Please help, this is recent, i never had this problem before. I've gigged with this amp on a few occassions too, noithing was noticeable, and with this issue its very noticeable on low volumes as well. 

asked 06 Sep 2018 at 06:16 PM

Shashvat Pandit

votes

answer

views

Hallo,

I got a doubt on well interpretating the manual where it states:

WARNING: When using the DSL1HR head
for ‘silent’ practice or DI recording ALWAYS
disconnect the speaker cabinet from the
amplifier’s rear panel before switching on.
NEVER unplug the speaker cable from the
speaker cabinet while it is still connected
to the amplifier rear panel. This may stress
the amplifier’s power-stage and in extreme
cases may lead to valve and/or transformer
failure.

can someone confirm what I understand: if I want to play using an headphone for silent practice (connecting my headphone to emulated line Out), I shall prior disconnect the external speaker from the rear of the amplifier (shouted off), (and never from the rear of the speaker cabinet). So I can Play the amplifier using headphone without connection to the cabinet? is that correct? An this is applicable also if I connect the amplifier to a mixer (by using Line out). That is quite strange because all other amplifiers recommend to never disconnect the speakers, with or without an headphone or something helse. Please help! I don't want do damage my DSL1HR. Thanks. Cheers.

asked 06 Sep 2018 at 11:32 AM

Roberto ACErob71

votes

answers

views

A few of you may scoff at my quesion. But what's with the Gain, Volume and Master Volume on the code.

I can appreciate having a gain and master volume, or a volume and master volume, but why all three?

I can't seem to differentiate any discernable reason for this. Any ideas people?

Look at it this way, turn the volume up and the master down to get a more distorted sound at a lower level, but there's the gain for that? See what I mean?

asked 04 Sep 2018 at 06:45 PM

Chris Davies (12)

votes

answers

views

May I know that Did every Marshall Code 50 complete with the earth connection from amp to the plug as my current location dealer stated that there was no ground wiring inside the amp and I have to modify if I wish to play with grounding.

edited 04 Sep 2018 at 09:42 AM

Gabriel Ng (10)

asked 04 Sep 2018 at 09:40 AM

Gabriel Ng (10)

votes

answer

views

Are there any good presets for Praise and worship? Like Elevation Worship, or 3rd Day. Tried, but something is missing. 

asked 03 Sep 2018 at 06:32 PM

Jamie Carter (16)

votes

answers

views

I have a Code 100 and want to be able to add auto wah on top of a preset with another (Overdrive) pre-fx set and use the (4 way) footswitch to switch it in and out - can this be done ?

edited 03 Sep 2018 at 01:00 PM

Mike Palmer

asked 03 Sep 2018 at 12:58 PM

Mike Palmer

votes

answers

views

Really? So this thing is just to store selected presets and user set presets?

So you have a rear, top mounted display that you will have to stand over and manually change, or use a cell phone (when it works) to change the presets to decide what you want in the bank? What if the amp is on a shelf?

Methinks someone forgot the KISS rule.

Id like to suggest next time you add a button or two to scroll the presets so they can be assigned to the pedal without the added hassle. This amps effects are quite good so a simple scroll and add feature would be welcome losing one or two of the bank buttons. This isnt professional quality gear, so make it easier for the idiots like me, K?

asked 02 Sep 2018 at 08:50 PM

m j

votes

answers

views

Are there any downloads for user Manuals for

Marshall Valvestate 100w Model 8100.

Marshall 1936 lead 2 x 12 Speaker Cabinet

asked 02 Sep 2018 at 08:25 PM

Colin Roberts

votes

answers

views

Hi

No response when I tirn on mu Stanmore speaker. No lights, no sound, nothing. 

What can I do to fix it?

asked 01 Sep 2018 at 03:18 PM

Pål Haugerud

votes

answers

views

I am new to guitar and would like some assistance in getting the settings for surf music 

edited 02 Sep 2018 at 01:00 PM

Bruce Finkelstein

asked 01 Sep 2018 at 11:37 AM

Bruce Finkelstein

votes

answers

views

Hi,

I listen to music through wifi/spotify on my Marshall Acton. The past few weeks I notice occasionally that it will turn on and play randomly. This sometimes happens very early or late at night at very loud volumes to the point where I've had to unplug the speaker when I'm asleep. I've now debugged the issue to an unknown bluetooth device connecting. I can see it is some kind of DESKTOP device (which I don't own); I see it pop up occasionally on the ios app as connected. 

It must be a neighbor in my apartment complex either doing this on accident or pranking me (doesn't really matter). But I can't seem to stop it. I don't use bluetooth and have never connected to the speaker via bluetooth. Can I disable bluetooth or somehow reset it to stop the unknown device from connecting? I love the speaker otherwise but it's a huge hassle to have this issue. 

Thanks!

asked 01 Sep 2018 at 02:14 AM

Tyler Sorensen

votes

answers

views

I just got a JVM 205H ,used ,, but the footswitch on 1 &2 stay blue and I cant seem to switch to the green yellow or red  modes . I have the manual but I cant seem to find anything about a blue led on the footswitch. I tried to do the reset on both the head and the footswitch but the blue light and the problem is still there . anyone whats up with that?

asked 31 Aug 2018 at 10:25 PM

steven Allbright (1)

vote

answers

views

I just got a JVM 205H ,used ,, but the footswitch on 1 &2 stay blue and I cant seem to switch to the green yellow or red  modes . I have the manual but I cant seem to find anything about a blue led on the footswitch. I tried to do the reset on both the head and the footswitch but the blue light and the problem is still there . anyone whats up with that?

asked 31 Aug 2018 at 10:23 PM

steven Allbright (1)
Showing results 2461 to 2480 of 3919
Loading - please wait...