Questions
Showing results 2381 to 2400 of 3927

votes

answer

views

hi there,

i'm pretty new to the whole cabinet with heads mixing and matching, i have only used combo's before and i am wondering about the power output of the code 100H which should be 100 watts if i am correct but the 412 cabinet is rated at 200 watts? so are you kind of limited as to what the cabinet can do or how does the whole power rating work? i ordered the 100H and 412 cab but i just want to be sure i'm not missing out on something bcs the power rating isn't correct

thanks guys!

asked 30 Oct 2018 at 11:41 AM

joren vangoethem

votes

answer

views

i have a code 100 combo amp.  I like it so far, but....can i use an external speaker “and” the on board 2 x12’s too.  If so, mines horked up (sorry that a very technical musical term) if not.......sup wit dat?

asked 29 Oct 2018 at 08:55 PM

Dave Mills

votes

answer

views

I have a question about my DSL5CR Classic Gain channel. I replaced the stock power tube with a 12BH7A-STR-TAD and replaced the stock pre-amp tubes with Genalex Gold Lion ECC83/12AX7 tubes. I biassed to 100mV. I now have no discernible gain in the clean channel. I can alter the volume, but even at full gain and full volume the tone is pure clean. Did I clean it up too much or is this normal?

asked 29 Oct 2018 at 12:32 PM

Steve Perfect

vote

answers

views

Why in the world would Marshall advertise right on their site for the code amps that you can record the code amp into your DAW, but not provide an asio driver? This is false advertising. Yes there is asio4all, it is not for a Marshall per se, and it doesn't work real well, it only records at 48khz, most daws will go to 96k, if not all the way to 192K? What gives Marshall? Plase put out an Asio driver for this otherwise great product. please. It can't be that hard if you can write the"code" for this amp. You are relly missing the boat here guys

asked 29 Oct 2018 at 05:22 AM

Martin Jubb (1)

votes

answers

views

Hello...I have a marshall dsl 100 and also dsl 40 C amp, need to change power tubes EL34, the ones I bought is JJ with 8 pins only, while the factory set tubes have 9 pin. Is there any issue using either of these?

asked 28 Oct 2018 at 05:29 AM

AXL Rose

vote

answers

views

Quite a few people on various forums are concerned about the emulated out of our DSL20H and DSLCR amps. It seems that there is a set level for the emulated line out and headphones which can only be adjusted with either the guitar volume knob of gain channel knob. The channel volume does nothing to the line out/headphones only to the speaker output.

Is this normal behaviour? Where the gain knobs are the only controls on the amp that increases the loudness of headphone/line out. 

asked 28 Oct 2018 at 01:25 AM

Adrian Tysoe (5)

votes

answer

views

I purchased a Marshall CODE 100H + 212 Cab recently.

I downloaded the Marshall Gateway app and have created a My Marshall account.

The Amp came pre-loadedwith a 100 presets.

The Marshall Gateway app also came pre-loaded with 100 presets,

but the Gateway app presets are different from the ones in the amp.

I synced the 100 presets in the Gateway app to my "My Marshall" account Library.

I have edited and saved some of the Presets on my Amp.

I want to transfer the edited Presets on my Amp to my "My Marshall" account Library, and then put them in my Gateway app, 

How do I Transfer a Preset FROM my CODE Amp to my "My Marshall" account Library?

I see the option to transfer a Preset from My Library to the Amp,

and I understand how to manage / organize the Gateway app presets from the Library,

but I don't see a way to put a Preset on the Amp in the Library.

Do I have to manually re-create it in the Library?

The My Gateway online interface is  great for managing / organizing the Gateway app presets from the Library.

It would be useful if there was as similar interface for managing / organizing the presets on the Amp, when connected via USB.

asked 27 Oct 2018 at 10:18 PM

A. Todd Henker

votes

answer

views

Hi are the effects pedals based on Marshall pedals

asked 27 Oct 2018 at 11:17 AM

Stephen Farrow

votes

answer

views

Hi! 

A newbie question here. Just bought the as50d amp and I'm a bit lost with the effects controls on it. So here's the thing that's bothering me, does the switches for channel one and two also control reverb or is reverb always on if the control nob is turned on of course. It is always on my amp if the nob is turned, even when non of the channel switches aren't pressed. Should it be like that that or is it something wrong with the amp? So should the channel switches next to chorus also turn on or off the reverb or not? 

asked 27 Oct 2018 at 08:31 AM

Daniel Johansson

vote

answers

views

I was just wondering if Marshall is working on a new firmware update for the code series amplifiers and if so when could we expect it to be released?

edited 27 Oct 2018 at 06:08 PM

James Rapp (1)

asked 27 Oct 2018 at 07:46 AM

James Rapp (1)

votes

answer

views

I got dsl1cr today

If i want to record or practice with headphone without speaker sound

Is it possible disconnect speaker cable?

Is there internal dummy load in dsl1cr?

shareit

asked 26 Oct 2018 at 08:17 AM

sdfgh sdfgh

votes

answers

views

Today I bought a brand new JVM 205H Amp and a 1936V Cab. I am soooo lucky :-) It sounds fantastic and I am really looking forward to learning how to get the best out of it. However, I made the mistake of unboxing everything and not paying attention as to which cable came from which box and the cables were not labelled.

There are 3 cables

* The long soft cable marked RJS ELEC - AWG18 - 41/0.16 - 0.824mm ...  I assumed is the speaker cable. Is that correct ?

* A short thinner cable marked Marshall PVC 0.34 SQmm X 2cores Wonderful VN (LF)... I assumed is for the 4 way footswitch. Is that correct?

* A long thinner hard PVC unmarked cable ..... I assumed is to connect the guitar. Is that correct ?

Using the cables connected as above, when I switched the amp to 'ON' I had an unpleasant buzz/hum. I discovered that the volume of hum was completely dependent on the volume control knob on the guitar. Turn it to zero and the hum disappears, turn it to 10 and the hum is very unpleasant.

I tried swapping the un-marked cable for a guitar cable that I already own (braded yellow) and the hum ALMOST disappeared even with the guitar at full volume.

1) Did I correctly guess the correct cables for the Amp, Footswitch and guitar ?

2) If I did guess correctly then why would using the cable supplied for the guitar create such a loud hum and is there anything I can do to resolve this issue completley?

Thanks in advance

Richard

asked 25 Oct 2018 at 09:42 PM

Richard Ward

votes

answers

views

Hi.

Anybody around here with a JCM800 head that would care to comment on the below???

I am having issues with noise on the CODE amps. when I use the JCM800 PRE-AMP i.e. it's REAL bad (in my opinion) and I'm just wondering: does a REAL JCM800 have high noise levels???  I had an (original) JCM800 back in the '80's and I don't ever remember it having noise like the CODE JCM800 modelling.

Regards,

Dale.

asked 25 Oct 2018 at 02:57 PM

Dale Paterson (105)

votes

answers

views

Another quick question:

Exactly how does the Noise Gate operate???  Not quite sure how to ask this question but here goes:

Does the Gate simply suppress ANYTHING and EVERYTHING below a certain SIGNAL level (depending on the setting) or is it able to determine the frequencies of the noise and only attentuate those frequencies (again depending on the setting)???

In other words: if you set the Gate to eliminate noise when there is supposed to be silence then no problem i.e. this works fine but you can hear the noise when you start playing i.e. it lifts with your sound.  But I THINK I noticed this morning that if you set the gate higher then it seems to start seperating out the noise from the actual guitar sound (although it does alter the sound to a degree but nothing major or problematic).  And it doesn't seem to affect sustain i.e. if it were merely suppressing ANYTHING and EVERYTHING below a certain SIGNAL level (depending on the setting) then it stands to reason that the higher you set it the more it will chop your sustain as the note decays and it doesn't appear to be doing this.

Hope the question makes sense.

Regards,

Dale.

asked 25 Oct 2018 at 08:58 AM

Dale Paterson (105)

votes

answers

views

Hi.

I've just noticed something and I'm not sure if it's by design or if it's because I only use the PC Editor:

If you select the Natural (No FX) PRE-AMP setting it would appear that the ONLY FX that is disabled with this setting is the Distortion PRE-FX i.e. the other three PRE-FX (Compressor, Auto Wah, and Pitch Shifter) are still useable.  Is this by design or is this because I only use the PC Editor that I'm able to use those three PRE-FX when Natural (No FX) is selected???   And if it's by design it ain't mentioned in the manuals.

Just curious (suits me whatever the answer).

Regards,

Dale.

edited 25 Oct 2018 at 08:43 AM

Dale Paterson (105)

asked 25 Oct 2018 at 08:43 AM

Dale Paterson (105)

votes

answer

views

Someone could kindly let me know if there is a code 100 patch to simulate the model Marshall avt150 Valvestate 2000 pre-valved

Thanks in Advance!!!

asked 25 Oct 2018 at 02:39 AM

Thiago Guilherme

votes

answers

views

Hey Marshall Forum!

About a year ago I bought my first ever Marshall amplifier; the Silver Jubilee 100W head (with 4x12 cab).
Since I use it mostly at home, I haven't cranked the volume all that much. But when I do, I notice a loud humming noise.

Today I turned the amp on, without having the guitar cable attached to it, cranked up the Master volume (with 0 gain!) and it hummed like crazy. 
What could be the source of the humming?? And more importantly, how can I get rid of this awful humming? 

The only cables that were attached were the footswitch, FX in/out and the power cable. 

asked 24 Oct 2018 at 05:58 PM

Jarnick Hulzebos

votes

answers

views

code 50 stuck in bootloader mode tryed on and off unpluged and pluged back in tryed redownload update nothing works please any help at all

asked 24 Oct 2018 at 02:34 PM

tim matthews

votes

answer

views

asked 24 Oct 2018 at 01:40 AM

Donald Porter

votes

answer

views

Does this service exist ?

I am looking for a 2 x 12 guitar cabinet in standard black grain tolez with 'bluesbreaker cloth'.

asked 22 Oct 2018 at 06:57 PM

Simon Roberts
Showing results 2381 to 2400 of 3927
Loading - please wait...