Questions
Showing results 2761 to 2780 of 3925

votes

answer

views

Hi,

I recently bought a Marshall DSL20HR head and a Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 cab. 

The head has a cab emulator out, so I hooked it up to my audio interface and was playing through my pc monitors. I turned up the volume and gain on the ultra gain channel and a strange buzz/noise came from the head when I would strum a chord or pick a note.

I only noticed this because I had the level on my interface low as I was just testing the cab emulator out. I have alos tested this with the head not plugged into either my interface or the cab and still get a strange noise/buzz.

As this is my first valve head I'm not sure if this is just something that happens when you turn up the volume and gain - as the amp is being pushed harder, or if there is a fault with the head and I need to take it back to the shop I purchased it from.

I will link below some video of the problem. The first video sounds worse than it is as I put my phone directly on top of the head as I play. It's not the signal noise from the amp that I am worried about, it's the rattle when I strum chords or hit notes...

https://youtu.be/ftOsSKeM8H4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWTiPugPfZ4

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm probably just over reacting, but it would be good to get some reassurance.

Thanks! \m/

asked 09 Jul 2018 at 06:08 PM

Rory Judge

votes

answer

views

Is it possible to upload and save presets via USB? How do I do it? (I don't have smartphone so cant use phone app).

Thanks

Fred

asked 09 Jul 2018 at 10:27 AM

fred cav (2)

votes

answers

views

Hi guys i bought a code 50 amp and i can't seem to asign a patch to the pedal for instance B1. every time i try and asign a pedal i end up overwriting settings.

This is what i am doing.

I am holding the Store button till it flashes, the the (B1 for example) flashes. then i go to the channel i want to store the patch to and step on that bank. then i hold the store button till it says stored.

Can you guys please help

asked 08 Jul 2018 at 11:03 AM

Dominique van der Westhuizen (1)

votes

answers

views

Hi, i have just aquired a haze 15 head in great nick.

please anybody could you advise on what marshal power tubes are used as in maker ?

Also they use three ecc83 the first being a different code ( this is the one with the aluminium cover) is this the higher gain one? if so could i swap for a lower gain with no problems.

Also has anyone upgraded the speaker that is fitted ( marque) ? if so to what just interested

Thanks John

asked 07 Jul 2018 at 12:29 PM

John Smith

votes

answer

views

Hi,

I got new 2525C.How shoud DI OUT work?When i connected DI OUT to sound card input,there was silence,both in STAND BY,LO & HI mode.At that time,from SEND signal is in any mode.

edited 06 Jul 2018 at 08:37 AM

Maksim Ostashev

asked 06 Jul 2018 at 08:27 AM

Maksim Ostashev

votes

answer

views

I have had my DSL40 for about 5 years now.  Today I turned it on and have zero gain.  The volume seems to work but no distortion, even on ultra gain.  I am assuming this means the tubes need to be replaced, but the poerp or preamp tubes?  Or all of them?

asked 06 Jul 2018 at 04:27 AM

Doug Dickinson

votes

answer

views

when I connect the app on android with the bluetooth amp and I want to load effects edited by other people, the effects return
by default, and when I deactivate the bluetooth again the edited effects appear in the library of the gateway app. Can not be
used when connected? I do not understand what happens.

asked 05 Jul 2018 at 10:41 AM

🎸 Carlos 🎸

votes

answer

views

Is it possible to control and make changes to the existing preloaded patches of the Code App via the USB port connected to a Windows 10 Laptop?

or the Marshall Gateway App works only with Android/iPhone via Bluetooth?

thanks

asked 05 Jul 2018 at 06:58 AM

Mel Gili

votes

answer

views

Hi! I would like to use the effects on a Line6 Firehawk with my DSL20CR using the 4-cable method.

Is this method possible with DSL20CR?

I connect with Gtr->FH input, FH FX send->Amp input, FH FX Return->Amp FX Send, FH left out->Amp FX Return

I hear the sound when I push the FX Loop button on the Marshall remote. However it seems to bypass the preamp, i.e.

nothing happens when I change volume on the Marshall. I thought the 4-cable method meant I could mix the pre-amp

with the effects through the FX loop. What am I doing wrong or is this method not applicable to this amp?

Best, Hans

asked 02 Jul 2018 at 07:42 PM

Hans Gustafsson

votes

answers

views

asked 02 Jul 2018 at 06:50 PM

martin pees (1)

votes

answer

views

Tried out the effects loop over the weekend and whether I run one pedal through it, or loads, tried different cables, power supply or battery, the loop adds a high pitched whine to the sound, which makes it pretty unusable.

I'm going to re-try a load of things, again different pedals, batteries and cables, but do Marshall have any suggestions?

Also is there a way to change the level/mix of the effects loop, or is it fixed?

asked 02 Jul 2018 at 07:40 AM

Ian Watts

votes

answer

views

I would like to bypass all effects/config on my MG15CFX and just get a straight amplification from my line6 multi-effects processor.  

asked 02 Jul 2018 at 02:34 AM

Ricardo Castellon

votes

answers

views

Hey, just bought a new MG 30 GOLD series and was wondering if anyone has any tone settingdto share. Have several different guitars to play through with everything from a 3 single  Strat to a Les Paul with fat humbuckers. Prefer a heavy, overdriven sound but willing to try anything. As it is unless I'm on the clean channel everything sounds muddy. Trying to get a bit better technically before ifreak my wife out and drop big $ on a tube stack. Thanks in advance!

asked 01 Jul 2018 at 03:19 PM

Dan Corcoran

votes

answer

views

High-pitched 'Whining' noise coming from my Code 50 power amp ~ should I return it? Settings: Amp volume on 0, Master volume at 6 or above ~ sounds like it could be an artifact of a failing Class D power circuit? I hope to hear from the Marshall moderators soon, before my 30 return window expires!
Thanks ~ Hadley in LA

asked 29 Jun 2018 at 07:50 PM

Hadley Hockensmith (1)

votes

answer

views

asked 29 Jun 2018 at 10:40 AM

John Bell

votes

answer

views

I was recording my guitar for fun with my phone when this happened. What just happened?https://youtu.be/8QEaUFI6bfA

asked 29 Jun 2018 at 04:16 AM

Joseph Lang

votes

answer

views

I bought the Code 50 a week ago and haven't had any luck getting the blue light to come on when holding the rev & power buttons. The screen says "bluetooth pairing enabled"..... But there's no blue light.

asked 29 Jun 2018 at 04:15 AM

Chris Rucker

votes

answer

views

Has anyone else had any strange wooly sounds come from head ?

asked 28 Jun 2018 at 06:05 PM

jai paxton

votes

answer

views

What's the best way to run pedalboard into code 100h

asked 28 Jun 2018 at 06:02 PM

jai paxton

votes

answer

views

Hi!

I'm not too familiar with impendances and I'm trying to add a monitor speaker to my amp. As mentioned in the title, I'm using Marshall DSL40C combo, and in order to send my signal to my drummer on gigs I need to connect it to an active speaker (Behringer B12D - 8ohms). Currently I have stock speaker in the amp (70/80, 16ohms) but I'm thinking of replacing it with something different.

My question is - what would be the optimal combination (ohm wise) that would work without any danger to the amp? Can I put in the amp 8ohm speaker (amp speaker) in the first 8ohm output and the Behringer monitor on the other, or do I have to use 16ohm speaker (and what output is better to put it in) with the active monitor (changing the monitor is not an option unfortunately)?

Hope I didn't complicate the question too much!

Thanks!

asked 28 Jun 2018 at 10:06 AM

Mislav Marusic
Showing results 2761 to 2780 of 3925
Loading - please wait...